Diad Holder Thing

Johney

Also remember when they had no idea where you were and no idea how many stops you had left. When you came in you were done for the day usually with bonus without killing yourself to do it.
Yup. I remember if they needed something I'd get a message at my first 5 pick up stops to call the center.

Steelheader

The Fishing UPS Guy
Yup. I remember if they needed something I'd get a message at my first 5 pick up stops to call the center.
I remember that. Why I loved covering the rural routes. Most had no pickups or a could on route pickups. But the in town ones I remember seeing a post it in the old pickup books saying "call your office".

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

The USB on the side doesn’t even charge your phone nicely. I was thrilled about that part. All it did was screw up my diad. Message pops up about the device not being recognized then the screen froze. My battery dies by 3 now with the map nav, but I’m being stubborn and refuse to use it definitely won’t after those speakers get installed.

barnyard

KTM rider
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2340.jpg

Perfect when brats are BOGO

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
The one time I actually needed their technology to work properly! Anyone else have issues with the navigation not working even though the DIAD is in the holder? It will charge the DIAD, but just a map moving with the red circle icon of the truck, a street name listed here & there but mostly blank. No stop info, etc. But take DIAD out, screen is as if everything was working normal.

This is a different issue than the double red lights & flashing icon when they are watching.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The one time I actually needed their technology to work properly! Anyone else have issues with the navigation not working even though the DIAD is in the holder? It will charge the DIAD, but just a map moving with the red circle icon of the truck, a street name listed here & there but mostly blank. No stop info, etc. But take DIAD out, screen is as if everything was working normal.

This is a different issue than the double red lights & flashing icon when they are watching.
There’s some places on a few routes we have that it can’t get gps info and takes for ever to work normally again

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
There’s some places on a few routes we have that it can’t get gps info and takes for ever to work normally again

This is the entire day, from hub to on area. Switched trucks thinking it was the holder, same issue. Even switched boards, same deal.

Thing is I'm on a new route. One half ask day of training with supervisor who didn't really know it himself. Today, on my own. Flying blind on a business heavy, late start, pickups, dropboxes, UPS Store.

Today was a step better. Had just the map with stops marked but that's it. Use your phone they say!
20200227_145914.jpg

Brownslave688

This is the entire day, from hub to on area. Switched trucks thinking it was the holder, same issue. Even switched boards, same deal.

Thing is I'm on a new route. One half ask day of training with supervisor who didn't really know it himself. Today, on my own. Flying blind on a business heavy, late start, pickups, dropboxes, UPS Store.

Today was a step better. Had just the map with stops marked but that's it. Use your phone they say! View attachment 284530
I’m really not picking on you here but this is exactly how they are screwing themselves. In 5 years time won’t hardly anyone be able to do a route without turn by turn directions.

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
I’m really not picking on you here but this is exactly how they are screwing themselves. In 5 years time won’t hardly anyone be able to do a route without turn by turn directions.

No I feel you, I'm just annoyed. I gave in and became a mindless drone, following all their flavors of the month, cradle usage included. Now that I'm on a new route, town, etc, my route knowledge that helps me fix the cluster friend that is this job is out the window. But I've got 20 years in the game, so I know I'll have to learn it on my own old school way. It will just take time.

Brownslave688

No I feel you, I'm just annoyed. I gave in and became a mindless drone, following all their flavors of the month, cradle usage included. Now that I'm on a new route, town, etc, my route knowledge that helps me fix the cluster friend that is this job is out the window. But I've got 20 years in the game, so I know I'll have to learn it on my own old school way. It will just take time.
Yep I feel you man. I follow that :censored2: to a T. Zero stress just do what it tells me to do and it isn’t gonna be long at all before all of my area knowledge is gone because there’s no thinking anymore.

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
Yep I feel you man. I follow that :censored2: to a T. Zero stress just do what it tells me to do and it isn’t gonna be long at all before all of my area knowledge is gone because there’s no thinking anymore.

Exactly! I even have a scheduled pick up, that moved. But they still have the old address as the stop. Dispatch has you going in circles, stops out of order, etc. My curse is I care. I want to do right, take care of the customers, be efficient at my job. But it's like it's their job to make that hard af to do.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
View attachment 259274

Perfect when brats are BOGO

That's a nice looking wizard finger there.

Mine can't get a GPS fix like every other day.

Whither

Scofflaw

I agree that mapnav can become a crutch, but anyone that's halfway as aware of their surroundings as UPS expects us to be shouldn't have too much trouble navigating on their own after spending, let's say, 1 week on a route. Any of us rookies that are going to hack it have to learn quickly that thoughtlessly following Orion and mapnav is hazardous, e.g., all the times it would have us deliver both sides of busy streets/highways, make left-turns at dangerous, uncontrolled intersections, tripping in the cargo area because you're not delivering bulk until mid-afternoon, etc etc.

rocket man

They told me to use the new Diad hlder 100%
I called them I could not do any stop they said why? I said I would have to take Diad
out of the holder they hung up on me.