DIAD Interface Improvement Suggestion - Segregating Business and Residential Deliveries

ThePackageDeli

In the same way that "R" exists for signature required packages, or "C" for call tags, the system should add a "B" indicating a business address. This way, if you're not familiar with the route you can quickly skip through the manifest and avoid "missed" business deliveries. See example below:

example.jpg

DriverNerd

Couple issues with this. First is there's no room on the left if you put B for every business. I have so many signature required, sureposts, call tags, etc, that all I'd ever see on the left is *. Second, the DIAD pretty much knows all the commercial stops already. Go to a commercial stop and try to DR 'front door' instead of CIR and watch it beep at you and go back to DR main screen.

I think having commercial and residential stops separated in the DIAD for the driver to know would be a good idea. Maybe with the next gen DIAD they'd have more room on the screen to indicate it. And perhaps if they could build this information into ORION that'd be beneficial too. I find I often have a random business or apartment office scheduled after my pickups, which end at 1700.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
been asking for this for some time now
At the very least making sure that all business stops show a 1700 commit time instead of the universal 2359

JustDeliverIt

been asking for this for some time now
At the very least making sure that all business stops show a 1700 commit time instead of the universal 2359

This would be the easiest way to do it. The "B" is a nice idea, but too many other icons are put there. Set all businesses to 1700 commit time and done.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
You can go to map nav and see which is business which is resi. The business will have a building pictures type of deal a house won’t. Could help if you are not sure about the area..