Did we have 'Security Blankets' Before Linus?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Is Charles Schultz to blame for all the silliness on college campuses these days?
Twenty year olds still clutching to their security blanket.

In the American cartoon strip Peanuts, creator Charles M. Schulz's character Linus van Pelt carries around a blanket wherever he goes for comfort. Today, we refer to such an object as a "security blanket." The emergence of that sense of the term is contemporaneous with the first appearance of Linus with his blanket.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Is Charles Schultz to blame for all the silliness on college campuses these days?
Twenty year olds still clutching to their security blanket.

In the American cartoon strip Peanuts, creator Charles M. Schulz's character Linus van Pelt carries around a blanket wherever he goes for comfort. Today, we refer to such an object as a "security blanket." The emergence of that sense of the term is contemporaneous with the first appearance of Linus with his blanket.
One of my daughter’s good friends has a security blanket. She brings it home every time she comes from college so it goes back smelling of home. lol.

My kids never had a favorite blanket or stuffed animal they dragged around. As soon as they realized I wasn’t going to keep up with it when we left the house, they realized it was too much trouble. Lol.

rod

Retired 22 years
There is always Kul Light to fall back on.

Suggest you NEVER stop at a pregame party where this :censored2: is being offered.

They still sell that stuff? My beer distributor friend tried getting that stuff established in our area without success. He even had good looking girls going bar to bar giving it away. Kul was spelled with those 2 little dots above the "u" which are called umlots. The girls wore tight white tee shirts that said "show us your umlots" with the dots placed on the shirts like pasties. .

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

"Pretty soon a woobie isn't enough, you're out on the street, trying to score an electric blanket, or maybe a quilt. Before you know it you're strung out on bed spreads."