Did you splurge on anything

Insaneasylum

Just wondering if anyone went and bought anything when you reached full scale. Or are you planing on some thing when you reach full-scale and get that 12$ hr raise? Boat, car, vacation, maybe you moved to a new house, remodeled your current home, or maybe you just put most of it in the bank.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Just wondering if anyone went and bought anything when you reached full scale. Or are you planing on some thing when you reach full-scale and get that 12$ hr raise? Boat, car, vacation, maybe you moved to a new house, remodeled your current home, or maybe you just put most of it in the bank.
Put any extra in the investment accounts.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We bought a house but no didn't splurge really.

I've seen drivers go buy Lexus and Audi and Denali trucks the day they hit day 31. Not the brightest.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I had always planned on throwing a "Top pay" party for a ton of friends at a local bar. After nearly 3 years of dealing with the day to day BS, I said screw it and did nothing. lol

rod

Retired 22 years
It took a year when I started but somehow it only took about 9 months for me.

And the contracts were for only 3 years back then. Part timers made just about as much (or as much-can't remember which) per hour as drivers. My old center just had 2 part time gals retire after working 37 years each. The were under the old contracts so they were making 30 bucks + an hour (7 weeks vacation each) for being a porter and a clerk. Its amazing how much has been lost over the years. It used to be a REALLY GOOD job.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Like hell I wait till full rate. It's all or nothing, baby. If I don't want to shell out the extra cash for exactly what I want at the moment, I don't get it until I can.

oldngray

nowhere special
Roth is great if you have more time for the interest to compound. If you are close to retirement it probably isn't worth trying to switch to a Roth.