Directv Sucks

STLFeeder

Need LS7 powered PKG car
I needed a new card for one of my receivers so I called to order one, and they told me they would ship it overnight with Fedex, I said no fedex coming to my door, I would prefer UPS, the guy told me UPS doesn't offer overnight shipping. HAHAHAHAHA funniest thing I think I have ever heard. I asked to speak with a supervisor and he told me they do not ship with UPS, Fedex only, so I told him that I no longer use their service myself, I ill go with the other company that uses UPS.

Screw Directv.

rod

Retired 22 years
I think you are making this all up. No one in history has been able to get through to a live person at Direct TV. All I ever get is "please stay on the line- your call will be answered by the next available operator" :happy2:

HazMatMan

I needed a new card for one of my receivers so I called to order one, and they told me they would ship it overnight with Fedex, I said no fedex coming to my door, I would prefer UPS, the guy told me UPS doesn't offer overnight shipping. HAHAHAHAHA funniest thing I think I have ever heard. I asked to speak with a supervisor and he told me they do not ship with UPS, Fedex only, so I told him that I no longer use their service myself, I ill go with the other company that uses UPS.

Screw Directv.
Do you love UPS that much??? Me personally would not care how it was shipped, as long as I got it, and got it in one piece.

S

Sporkk

Directv and Dish both like to punish you for not having a land line. They either disable the second tuner on their receivers or charge you an extra 5 bucks a month. I think all paid tv is evil.

My girlfriend pays for the cable and I still can't stand having it. We usually end up watching recorded shows from local channels anyway.

1timepu

Directv and Dish both like to punish you for not having a land line. They either disable the second tuner on their receivers or charge you an extra 5 bucks a month. I think all paid tv is evil.

My girlfriend pays for the cable and I still can't stand having it. We usually end up watching recorded shows from local channels anyway.

Never had a Phone line connected to my 4 reciever's, never had any problem either

looper804

Is it time to go home yet

Screw Directv.
If you need I have on old p4 card( i dont know if they still use these) that you can have.I would just put a $.41 stamp on an envelope and send it to you.If you want it you can have it.Let me know.

rod

Retired 22 years
The only thing a phone line will get you is the ability to order Pay For View movies without having to drag your fat :censored2: ot of the Lazy Boy. Back in the fun days when everyone was stealing free satilite tv (me included) you didn't want a phone line hooked up. Aw- those were the days:happy2:

STLFeeder

Need LS7 powered PKG car
Do I love UPS, no I wouldn't say that. I prefer to put money in that pot that is putting money in in mine. We are all union, I also always try to use union services. I will only by vehicles made by UAW members. Do I want a non-union company delivering a package to me, hell no. When i order something that has to come freight, I don't ask for UPS freight, I ask for ABF usually, since my father in law drives for them but roadway, yellow, or holland would work also. That is what I can't understand about some of the people I work with. My great grand father and gradfather were both teamsters, and back then it was considered unamerican to buy anything non union or non american made. Now most people just don't care. They will take it however they can get it. And what does this get us, jobs going overseas, The big 3 american car companies having to close down plants and go to other countries to make their cars and trucks because we are letting Toyota and Honda take over. A guy I work with is one of the biggest pro-union guys I have ever met, He talks up the union eveyday, but he drives a japanese made toyota to work.

Do I love UPS, no, but I am damn sure going to try to support them to make sure I will always have a job there for as long as I like. Go try to find another job like the one you have that pays as well and has just as good of benefits. Now tell me why I shouldn't care if a package I order is delivered by UPS or not.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I also try to remain loyal to UPS whenever possible but there are going to be instances where this may not be possible and, in your case, I think that I may have gone ahead and had them ship the card FedEx. Now you have to go through the hassle of finding either another satellite company or switching back to cable. I fully appreciate and support your position but I feel that as long as you make every effort to support UPS and are still unable to have pkg shipped with us then go ahead and have it shipped with another carrier.

STLFeeder

Need LS7 powered PKG car
I no longer shop at Bass Pro since they dropped us and went to fedex, no longer buy from dell. The went to fedex and dhl, they are supposed to ship UPS if and when we order something using our discount, but they seem to ship it DHL most of the time. I think they are just scewing with us.

There are always alternates out there. As for directv, I wouldn't acually cancel my service, I just won't order from them, if there is something I need I can go to the local circuit city or radio shack and buy it. I get what I need and fedex doen't get my money. I just hope that maybe by threatening to cancel there service they might if enough do it, offer UPS shipping too.

rod

Retired 22 years
A guy I work with is one of the biggest pro-union guys I have ever met said:
Then again his Toyota or Honda is probably assembled in the United States where as a good percentage of Fords and Chevys are put together in Canada or Mexico.

Ms Spoken

I no longer shop at Bass Pro since they dropped us and went to fedex, no longer buy from dell. The went to fedex and dhl, they are supposed to ship UPS if and when we order something using our discount, but they seem to ship it DHL most of the time. I think they are just scewing with us.

There are always alternates out there. As for directv, I wouldn't acually cancel my service, I just won't order from them, if there is something I need I can go to the local circuit city or radio shack and buy it. I get what I need and fedex doen't get my money. I just hope that maybe by threatening to cancel there service they might if enough do it, offer UPS shipping too.

Hey STL FYI:did you know that Circuit City has been shipping "most" of their small packages with Fed-X. UPS lost their contract back in 2004.

tomuchdrama

Do I love UPS, no I wouldn't say that. I prefer to put money in that pot that is putting money in in mine. We are all union, I also always try to use union services. I will only by vehicles made by UAW members. Do I want a non-union company delivering a package to me, hell no. When i order something that has to come freight, I don't ask for UPS freight, I ask for ABF usually, since my father in law drives for them but roadway, yellow, or holland would work also. That is what I can't understand about some of the people I work with. My great grand father and gradfather were both teamsters, and back then it was considered unamerican to buy anything non union or non american made. Now most people just don't care. They will take it however they can get it. And what does this get us, jobs going overseas, The big 3 american car companies having to close down plants and go to other countries to make their cars and trucks because we are letting Toyota and Honda take over. A guy I work with is one of the biggest pro-union guys I have ever met, He talks up the union eveyday, but he drives a japanese made toyota to work.

Do I love UPS, no, but I am damn sure going to try to support them to make sure I will always have a job there for as long as I like. Go try to find another job like the one you have that pays as well and has just as good of benefits. Now tell me why I shouldn't care if a package I order is delivered by UPS or not.[/quotte did you know that 75%of what ever car you drive by the big 3 all the parts that go into putting the car together come from non union companys.the big 3 only put the car together they do not make any of the parts.btw,what kind of tv do you have,or cell phone?bet its not made in the good old usa.do you eat fast food?all non union companys?is anything made in the usa anymore?being a former marine the flags i fly at the house{usa/marine corps} are not even made here.go figure.:peaceful:

Big Babooba

Then again his Toyota or Honda is probably assembled in the United States where as a good percentage of Fords and Chevys are put together in Canada or Mexico.
I buy American cars. I like them and the quality and reliabilty has come a long way. But in today's auto industry, what is American? If you buy a Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan or Lincoln MKZ, you will be buying a car that is built on a Mazda6 platform. They are built in Mexico. I'm sure that Ford is saving a lot of Pesos by doing this. A Mazda6, on the other hand is built in Michigan by UAW workers.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Let me see if I have this right--a Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan or Lincoln MKZ is built on a Mazda 6 platform in Mexico while a Mazda 6 is built entirely in Michigan. Is the Mazda 6 platform made in the US or is it imported? If so, is the Mazda 6 platform exported to Mexico to be used to build American cars while a foreign car is built entirely in the US? I am not trying to be a smart aleck but this doesn't really make sense to me.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Let me see if I have this right--a Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan or Lincoln MKZ is built on a Mazda 6 platform in Mexico while a Mazda 6 is built entirely in Michigan. Is the Mazda 6 platform made in the US or is it imported? If so, is the Mazda 6 platform exported to Mexico to be used to build American cars while a foreign car is built entirely in the US? I am not trying to be a smart aleck but this doesn't really make sense to me.

I think people are just talking around the two real points:
1) Primarily, is it made or assembled by Union employees.
2) and secondarily, do the profits (when there are any) stay in America and taxed by the US Government.