Disqualified from driving in record time

OppsIJustLoadedMyPhone

Hub City Prisoner
I know I'm going to ragged on but I figured I would share the story of my attempt (if you even call it that) at driving.

I had an odd feeling that the day wasn't going to go well from the start. The truck had some issues (no key fob, a diad holder held up by tape) plus they loaded it with over 200 stops. The sup apologized for it and told me that they usually only go out with around 100 for a trainee day. Long story short: I functioned as a driver helper for the day and maybe got to scan about 5 or so packages. I did not drive or really got to see functions of the diad. I did get to hear the sup complain about Mapnav and Orion though.

I come in the next day and the sup tells me he needs to talk to me. He mentions the previous day as being a wash and that currently they are heavy on drivers and also unable to correctly train me which isn't fair to me, says that when things pick up they will be able to use me which in this case he means peak season and if I do good peak season I would be able to get a shot at my 30 afterwards. He told I'm on the top of the list. What he meant by that? No idea since later on I found out I'm DQd. I found this all odd but what could I do aside from head back to the PD.

The next day I get called back in and a different sup says he wants to offer me another spot before being DQd. It's PM air which I'm not interested in but I was able to ask why I was being DQd. He said he was told that I went down for a half hour and just sat there. I told him that's nonsense, I was made to take a break and also told I always had to take one. He said he was just saying what he was told.

I talked to the union because I just wanted a clear answer and the answer my BA got is that I needed a break and the sup thinks I cannot do the job. The BA says the center manager is willing to let me go out again but I have no interest in driving with this particular center. If the DQ mentioned performance that would be one thing but the break? The same break he made me take not me asking for.

I'm not interested in going out again with this center and the BA said he is not sure he can get me a shot with another one. Would peak season be worth it with regards to learning the job enough to be able to give next year a good shot?

I know I'm going to ragged on but I figured I would share the story of my attempt (if you even call it that) at driving.

I had an odd feeling that the day wasn't going to go well from the start. The truck had some issues (no key fob, a diad holder held up by tape) plus they loaded it with over 200 stops. The sup apologized for it and told me that they usually only go out with around 100 for a trainee day. Long story short: I functioned as a driver helper for the day and maybe got to scan about 5 or so packages. I did not drive or really got to see functions of the diad. I did get to hear the sup complain about Mapnav and Orion though.

I come in the next day and the sup tells me he needs to talk to me. He mentions the previous day as being a wash and that currently they are heavy on drivers and also unable to correctly train me which isn't fair to me, says that when things pick up they will be able to use me which in this case he means peak season and if I do good peak season I would be able to get a shot at my 30 afterwards. He told I'm on the top of the list. What he meant by that? No idea since later on I found out I'm DQd. I found this all odd but what could I do aside from head back to the PD.

The next day I get called back in and a different sup says he wants to offer me another spot before being DQd. It's PM air which I'm not interested in but I was able to ask why I was being DQd. He said he was told that I went down for a half hour and just sat there. I told him that's nonsense, I was made to take a break and also told I always had to take one. He said he was just saying what he was told.

I talked to the union because I just wanted a clear answer and the answer my BA got is that I needed a break and the sup thinks I cannot do the job. The BA says the center manager is willing to let me go out again but I have no interest in driving with this particular center. If the DQ mentioned performance that would be one thing but the break? The same break he made me take not me asking for.

I'm not interested in going out again with this center and the BA said he is not sure he can get me a shot with another one. Would peak season be worth it with regards to learning the job enough to be able to give next year a good shot?
Sounds like I want to use you as a seasonal driver

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

So, they offered you another chance and you turned it down? Because the center manager wasn’t very nice to you. Is this what you’re trying to communicate?

you’re done Beat it @Barney

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
They will lie harass and withold promotions whatever they can do to convince people to work for a non-ft driving position. Roll with the punches, only drive to earn seniority. It's the only way for them to learn they are beat.

Get a LOU for a later hire date after peak without being considered a DQ would be a good bet.

Gabba

It's a vicious cycle
they're going to spin this as you DQing yourself, and since you're being so cooperative about it, it's going to stick. when they give you the chance to qualify, you gotta bust your butt to do it and have to insist on them giving you a fair shot, short of that on your end they don't owe you anything.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
So, they offered you another chance and you turned it down? Because the center manager wasn’t very nice to you. Is this what you’re trying to communicate?

you’re done Beat it @Barney
How stupid! Take the shot in whatever center you can :censored2:! You can bid out later! Did they hurt your wittle feelings? On second thought you probably wouldn’t last anyway, let someone with balls get the job.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Maybe the boss is right
Drivings not for everybody especially somebody as Whiney and thin skinned as yourself

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

BS

Steamer

To be a good driver you have to roll with what comes. Keep pushing. And then push some more. Think on your toes and fix issues as they come along. That's what they are looking for. Especially when qualifying. Imagine 50 guys a day coming at you with 200 problems a day, Or someone that can think on their own and act accordingly for most issues. Common sense isn't all that common. You really have to be goal oriented to be a driver. Every single day.

quad decade guy

To be a good driver you have to roll with what comes. Keep pushing. And then push some more. Think on your toes and fix issues as they come along. That's what they are looking for. Especially when qualifying. Imagine 50 guys a day coming at you with 200 problems a day, Or someone that can think on their own and act accordingly for most issues. Common sense isn't all that common. You really have to be goal oriented to be a driver. Every single day.
You skipped over the physicality of the job. You have to have the stamina.

Whereistheunion

PM air driving it's the easiest job at UPS you should have taken it. You would have slipped into a ( bid job) with a higher tiered wage scale, took the max rate back into pkg car driving.