Disqualifying from transfer

romac

I've been working nights PT at UPS for about 6 years. My wife has some health issues and I'd been bidding on PT day jobs to be home with her at night for a while. Meanwhile, her condition worsened and I tried to file for a hardship transfer to days last week, and after I wrote my letter, my management team worked it out with the 2da management team and got me a spot on days quickly, without involving HR or any paperwork (on my part anyway!?). I was and am very thankful for those efforts.

However, I haven't been on day shift for a full week yet, but I do not think it's going to work out because I've lost about 5-7 hours per week,which I did not expect and simply cannot afford. I wish to go back to my old position, and as I understood it you have 7 days to dq yourself from a transfer. I called my old 1da supe and told him I'd like to come back and asked what steps I needed to take, and he said to approach my new management team about it, but he also said he's not sure if they'll let me and isn't sure if the 7 day thing applies since it wasn't a standard transfer.

Is this true? I'm asking to go back to my old position as soon as I get to work today, but now I'm worried that I'm going to be stuck here. I was never told during the process that it meant forfeiting my grace period or whatever to be sure.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I've been working nights PT at UPS for about 6 years. My wife has some health issues and I'd been bidding on PT day jobs to be home with her at night for a while. Meanwhile, her condition worsened and I tried to file for a hardship transfer to days last week, and after I wrote my letter, my management team worked it out with the 2da management team and got me a spot on days quickly, without involving HR or any paperwork (on my part anyway!?). I was and am very thankful for those efforts.

However, I haven't been on day shift for a full week yet, but I do not think it's going to work out because I've lost about 5-7 hours per week,which I did not expect and simply cannot afford. I wish to go back to my old position, and as I understood it you have 7 days to dq yourself from a transfer. I called my old 1da supe and told him I'd like to come back and asked what steps I needed to take, and he said to approach my new management team about it, but he also said he's not sure if they'll let me and isn't sure if the 7 day thing applies since it wasn't a standard transfer.

Is this true? I'm asking to go back to my old position as soon as I get to work today, but now I'm worried that I'm going to be stuck here. I was never told during the process that it meant forfeiting my grace period or whatever to be sure.

Is there anyone less seniority than you still working when you are sent home?

romac

No, the day shift sorts are just that sort.

However, I was able to DQ today so I'm calling my old supe to see what time I come back Monday.