Do I have to wait a year to drive?

Wheeler

"King"
I am next up for a ft service provider , but in January I broke a mirror on a f250 due to getting stuck and 4wd inop. I was attempting to get out of the snow and got sucked into a tree breaking the housing on the mirror. I am still driving to this day as a bid air driver and never skipped a day when it happened. Never even knew going into that area that the 4wd didn't work and I was delivering a ground package that a supervisor told me to deliver. Hoping that I am not going to be skipped over because of a mirror that I could have replaced for $25 and 5 minutes of my time.

KoennenTiger

AFAIK there's no rule about getting into an accident on another bid pushing you down. You may get blasted on your packet but be friendly and ask to be given extra resis so you can scratch.

I was a utility guy for years before getting my packet and fsp position. About six months before getting into my packet I accidentally backed into a car because I simply wasn't following the methods (follow them they work). I never heard a thing about it I still got called up when I was at the top of the list.

542thruNthru

AFAIK there's no rule about getting into an accident on another bid pushing you down. You may get blasted on your packet but be friendly and ask to be given extra resis so you can scratch.

I was a utility guy for years before getting my packet and fsp position. About six months before getting into my packet I accidentally backed into a car because I simply wasn't following the methods (follow them they work). I never heard a thing about it I still got called up when I was at the top of the list.

Here it's a year with no accidents or moving violations.

Wheeler

"King"
The details of the accident don't matter . You could have done zero damage and they will still charge you .
That sucks and is what I thought but I hope they didn't do a report I wasnt even carrying a diad and I don't think there was even an investigation done other than what I reported to the supervisor

KoennenTiger

Wow I did not know that.

Though.. My God all those years ago that center manager did sweep my accident under the covers and it never went on my record. Last accident I've had really shook me up to see that I did in fact bump a car because I didn't follow the methods and I was aware I was not following them right then thinking to myself "I'm going fast".

Well if so sorry OP. There's always next year

Wheeler

"King"
That's what our bid sheets say too but not even a week before I broke my mirror a air driver was going down a street and took out someone else's mirror and was offered the option to pay for it instead of reporting it

KoennenTiger

That's what our bid sheets say too but not even a week before I broke my mirror a air driver was going down a street and took out someone else's mirror and was offered the option to pay for it instead of reporting it

Did they put it in your record?

KoennenTiger

I don't know nothing was said that it went on my record but our new center manager asked me today if it was and I have no idea because I asked for a copy of the report and was never given one

If mngmt could keep it off they will, unless they hate you and want you to fail. I've broken mirrors, years ago we moved buildings and half asleep in the morning I rubbed a big yellow concrete pole half my truck (center mngr texted me a picture and told me I'm a maroon, never reported mechanic's just painted over it). If mngmt wants you you're probably good.

But if you're a lazy POS you're probably buggered.

Wheeler

"King"
If mngmt could keep it off they will, unless they hate you and want you to fail. I've broken mirrors, years ago we moved buildings and half asleep in the morning I rubbed a big yellow concrete pole half my truck (center mngr texted me a picture and told me I'm a maroon, never reported mechanic's just painted over it). If mngmt wants you you're probably good.

I do everything requested of me and do it fairly well and everyone does want me in but alot of new management in my area who are still trying to prove something to someone that might be what hurts me

Wheeler

"King"

I drive 6 days a week as an air driver and do all sorts of stuff that is in the contract that I should do for higher pay like delivering ground package misloads and shuttling big found packages to drivers etc

KoennenTiger

I drive 6 days a week as an air driver and do all sorts of stuff that is in the contract that I should do for higher pay like delivering ground package misloads and shuttling big found packages to drivers etc

You probably good. Why not ask your FTer? The guys on here like to play tough internet special ops and tell you all about their 300 lol count when they were in the navy seals but having a good relationships with mngmt is a real nice bonus. Why not most of the real FT guys know what we do and I do indeed respect what they do. I'd never work 80 hours a week for 40 hours of pay

KoennenTiger

No letters were given to me was I supposed to get one if it was reported

You're good man. Get through your packet. If it's not looking like you can scratch every day ask if you can have some more resis. And I mean that just ask them if they can give you some more resis. A tight resi area I can walk fast (for real I don't run anymore I'm old) I can get off 45 stops an hour just with area knowledge and good methods.

Sounds like you're good. Get through the packet and then welcome to cold route cover driver hell for a few years.

Wheeler

"King"
You probably good. Why not ask your FTer? The guys on here like to play tough internet special ops and tell you all about their 300 lol count when they were in the navy seals but having a good relationships with mngmt is a real nice bonus. Why not most of the real FT guys know what we do and I do indeed respect what they do. I'd never work 80 hours a week for 40 hours of pay
Thanks man appreciate your input I am just trying to start my "career" and seems like I am fighting everything every step of the way. BTW that was my first accident in my life and it may affect my career over a mirror

Wheeler

"King"
You're good man. Get through your packet. If it's not looking like you can scratch every day ask if you can have some more resis. And I mean that just ask them if they can give you some more resis. A tight resi area I can walk fast (for real I don't run anymore I'm old) I can get off 45 stops an hour just with area knowledge and good methods.

Sounds like you're good. Get through the packet and then welcome to cold route cover driver hell for a few years.
I am 35 so I am getting up there too starting a little late in life...lol

KoennenTiger

Thanks man appreciate your input I am just trying to start my "career" and seems like I am fighting everything every step of the way. BTW that was my first accident in my life and it may affect my career over a mirror

I think you'll be good. For real learn the methods and follow them. Watch your mirror on every turn, don't take chances if an area looks tight walk it off park safe, clear your intersections, watch your tail swing, and take it one stop at a time.

If you need help ODS it in. Do not in any circumstances start to let the boxes beat you. If the stress is hitting you take a few minutes to calm down and sort the boxes in the back, move them forward and line them up. It's fine to ask for help when you're new. We'll come help you out and we know the areas enough that we know what we can and can't do and over time you'll learn as well.

Just get through your packet. No late air, period. You run straight air in your packet. No late savers. Period. At 2pm check your savers you CAN NOT have a late saver. And don't get hurt and don't crash. That's really all you have to do.

Now welcome to doing this for the next thirty