Do you tape up returns?

rod

Retired 22 years
Now, if I remember to bring a tape gun with me on the car that day then I'll bring it to the call tags. Most days I don't have one though because they're hard to come by for some reason in my center.
I have 3 or 4 of them at home. Believe it or not I'm still using UPS tape that found its way to my house thanks to a driver friend who is still slaving away. when I worked everyone had a tape gun and they were also laying all over the building. We had plenty of staplers also. We had a driver who if the stapler he was using jammed he would open the check-in room door and toss it across the street into an open field. I bet I saw him throw at least a dozen staplers over there.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I'll tape up the damn box. get to know your damn dog. and appear as professional as possible before the load/unload DESTROYS IT a day later.

R1wonder

Most the time I say I don’t carry supplies and it needs to be taped up . If it’s an easy job maybe I’ll take it and find tape at the hub if I don’t have any . I usually don’t have a tape gun

Be nice you’ll get more Xmas gifts lol. I do ask them to have it ready next time

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
What exactly does the prove other than you're an _____? The box is going back to the hub where someone has to unload it that had nothing to do with whether it was taped properly or not. Your response is imbecilic at best.
I only poop in DR bags, so no worries.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
This is what you do
1666312023440.gif

allahuakbar

She/Her
I literally walk to the house with the call tag in one hand and tape in the other. There’s nothing worse than standing there while some dope is trying to pack their return. I just make them give it to me and leave. I don’t really like interacting with people.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I literally walk to the house with the call tag in one hand and tape in the other. There’s nothing worse than standing there while some dope is trying to pack their return. I just make them give it to me and leave. I don’t really like interacting with people.
Well, you speak like a middle eastern terrorist. That tends to turn people off. Normal people anyway. But you do your thing.

Brownwind

You get tape guns? The preload steals ours all the time and don't have any extras around.
Keep a tape gun in your cab. Locally we can keep them with our locker supplies.

I also keep wide labels to cover the rips and markers to hide the footprints. Sounds silly but it’s easier than explaining what goes on prior to them getting the box.

Protect our meal ticket and my reputation.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Keep a tape gun in your cab. Locally we can keep them with our locker supplies.

I also keep wide labels to cover the rips and markers to hide the footprints. Sounds silly but it’s easier than explaining what goes on prior to them getting the box.

Protect our meal ticket and my reputation.
Haven't had a tape gun in 4 years, if i did aquire one it was taken within a week. If they can't supply the workers with supplies to properly do the job then IDGAF.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I always carried a roll of tape in my car, I never cared for tape guns. They made too much noise sliding around in the truck. I preferred the customer having the package ready. But in the time you knock on the door or fill out an InfoNotice you can throw a piece of tape on it and be on your way. You save second and third attempts and are giving better service. "Service is all we have to sell" was an old saying that needs to be taught again. Be better than your competition to earn that better paycheck.