Dodged One

MassWineGuy

What a lovely guy. Alone in life, no question. And no sense of grammar. Do you or did you drive before they ousted you? Did you work to develop your winning personality or does it just come naturally?

!Retired!

I was extremely scared of being written up and thought his idea sounded good.
You're an idiot for lying. As already mentioned, that's an instant termination if it's found out. The fact you admitted it and your manager accepted that makes you lucky. IF it was your third in a year, then I can see 'rolling the dice'

We had a driver that rear ended someone. No major damage, just a little scratch. The driver of the car said don't worry about it. Our courier told nobody. When the lady got home, it's my understanding her husband flipped and called FedEx. Eventually it got back to the station, then manager and eventually the courier. She got fired for not reporting it.

Why in the world would you be worried about getting written up?

MassWineGuy

The husband/wife/etc. seeing dollar signs is a pretty common scenario, which is why all things great and small need to be reported.

Idiot? Doubtful. Poor judgment? Oh yes. And one letter in a year isn’t the end of the world or job. Pretty certain that I wouldn’t get two more.

MassWineGuy

Optimistic for thinking I wouldn’t get three in a year? I’ve ever gotten one in my basically eight years there. Hope springs eternal.

But hey, I’ve got to get back to being the bestest person and bestest courier I can be. Measured in a geographic timeframe, won’t be that long.

MassWineGuy

Always right, always get your way. Gimme a freakin’ break.

I’m an extremely good driver. Maybe you are, too. Whether you or other neo Neanderthals here (apology to Neanderthals) would fire me for lying and then coming clean on my own isn’t a concern. Like I’ve said, very poor judgment, shouldn’t have done it but kudos for realizing I couldn’t and telling the truth. My original story would have held up. The interior spy camera never registered anything, so that wasn’t a factor.

Some of us keep learning and improving despite our age. And clearly, some don’t. I’m certain my description of you was dead-on. Stop being such a bitter fart. There are larger problems you can rail against or help solve.

Surrender my license? I think not, Bobalouie. Kiss my LEO.

Hoping this my final feeding of the trolls.

Last edited:

Whither

Scofflaw
Last year a coworker was covering a route dispatched the near the end of a boxline. He got ansy about his air commits and decided to basically force his way out of the building. Any given morning there's between 6 in and 1 ft of space between your pkg car and both neighbors, and there's at most 10-15 ft of space between your row and the opposite row. He was driving a P-1200, so it was very ill-advised. Wound up pulling off part of his neighbor's bumper. Panicked and rolled out without saying a word. We were short-handed, but I'd say he still got extremely lucky to walk away with only a warning letter. Even our contract specifies that UPS has every right to terminate a driver who fails to report an accident that they either knew happened or should have known happened -- progressive discipline isn't required.

I know the temptation @MassWineGuy; I've had to tell on myself for a minor backing accident. It's not fun but it spares you from worrying about your livelihood. I'm glad you dodged the bullet this time, let it be a lesson.

MassWineGuy

Thank you. I appreciate it very much. I’ve seen how closely your vehicles are parked inside a center. Is a P-1200 that really long 24 or so foot truck? I’ll bet that one takes a little practice.

Whither

Scofflaw
Thank you. I appreciate it very much. I’ve seen how closely your vehicles are parked inside a center. Is a P-1200 that really long 24 or so foot truck? I’ll bet that one takes a little practice.
I think they're 22 ft long, give or take. The newer Freightliner P-12s are a little shorter and narrower than the older ones. It does take a bit of practice, but you get the hang of it.

MassWineGuy

Freightliners. Maybe my company will have a moment of clarity and replace our awful Sprinters with those.

But I won’t put money on it.

Last edited:

Whither

Scofflaw
Freightliners. Maybe my company will have a moment of clarity and replace our awful Sprinters with those.
The Mercedes or the Isuzus? I don't have any experience with the former but UPS used to have several Isuzus and they loved to dispatch Sat ground routes in those. Terrible pkg cars, and ours had wretched side mirror brackets -- almost impossible to adjust the stupid things :censored3: :lol:

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
The Mercedes or the Isuzus? I don't have any experience with the former but UPS used to have several Isuzus and they loved to dispatch Sat ground routes in those. Terrible pkg cars, and ours had wretched side mirror brackets -- almost impossible to adjust the stupid things :censored3: :lol:
The Mercedes weren’t much better

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Last year a coworker was covering a route dispatched the near the end of a boxline. He got ansy about his air commits and decided to basically force his way out of the building. Any given morning there's between 6 in and 1 ft of space between your pkg car and both neighbors, and there's at most 10-15 ft of space between your row and the opposite row. He was driving a P-1200, so it was very ill-advised. Wound up pulling off part of his neighbor's bumper. Panicked and rolled out without saying a word. We were short-handed, but I'd say he still got extremely lucky to walk away with only a warning letter. Even our contract specifies that UPS has every right to terminate a driver who fails to report an accident that they either knew happened or should have known happened -- progressive discipline isn't required.

I know the temptation @MassWineGuy; I've had to tell on myself for a minor backing accident. It's not fun but it spares you from worrying about your livelihood. I'm glad you dodged the bullet this time, let it be a lesson.
Sounds like my old bldg.

MassWineGuy

We still have a couple of Isuzus. Only drove one once. Not too horrible. Sprinters are absolutely incapable in snow or ice.

But they still operate better than our 2012 GMC and Ford vans.