Dodged One

Whither

Scofflaw
Sounds like my old bldg.
I was surprised to find out who had done it. My stew called me with a description, trying to track him down -- because the witnesses (including the driver whose car had been damaged) didn't know his name, but I never even thought of him. He had been driving for a while, has family in the company. He knew better. But the adrenaline kicked in and he bolted. I get it, but in that situation he had to have realized they were gonna put him on the hotseat. It might even have been on surveillance footage.

He was very lucky.

Whither

Scofflaw
We still have a couple of Isuzus. Only drove one once. Not too horrible. Sprinters are absolutely incapable in snow or ice.

But they still operate better than our 2012 GMC and Ford vans.
I was spinning out my trusty old Freightliner P-1000 on level ground at my industrial deliveries today haha. There are limits to traction without chains, and we're not far enough north for the company to train us how to use, or even supply, snow chains. They just leave sand out in the yard and send us out. We got some ice overnight, then ~6 total inches of snow by mid-day to coat it. I took a look at most of my resi neighborhoods en route to farther-flung businesses, messaged em no way it was worth the risk. I was gonna sheet everything up anyway but they actually sent the message "DO NOT ATTEMPT RESIS" lmao

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I was spinning out my trusty old Freightliner P-1000 on level ground at my industrial deliveries today haha. There are limits to traction without chains, and we're not far enough north for the company to train us how to use, or even supply, snow chains. They just leave sand out in the yard and send us out. We got some ice overnight, then ~6 total inches of snow by mid-day to coat it. I took a look at most of my resi neighborhoods en route to farther-flung businesses, messaged em no way it was worth the risk. I was gonna sheet everything up anyway but they actually sent the message "DO NOT ATTEMPT RESIS" lmao
I drove p1000 too. Very dicey in the snow.

MassWineGuy

Uh, you mean that you’re on the somewhat heavy side? Takes all kinds to make the world go round. Which vehicle do you like driving most?

whenIgetthere

Uh, you mean that you’re on the somewhat heavy side? Takes all kinds to make the world go round. Which vehicle do you like driving most?

Always drove 700's and 900's till I took a new route for my last year, it was in a Sprinter. The Grumman's were great, hated the sprinter because of my height.

MassWineGuy

You still haven't answered my question.........why were you afraid of getting a letter? 1 letter doesn't man termination

Yes I know. I got a letter about five or six years ago. My (mis)understanding is that if during one year from getting it anything bad happens they can fire you.

I am very confident that I wouldn’t get three letters in one year. But it’s three letters in, I think, a 5-6 year period.

I was scared, lost any semblance of rational thinking and did what I did.