does anyone know anything about teamster dot net discussion boards?

A

anonymous6

h or so ago got an email to join teamster dot net discussion board. seemed legit so gave it a try. got a Trojan horse warning from avg while on it and thought I had avoided any trouble.

today my computer has no favorites listed and all my pictures are gone. I'm wondering if the contents of my computer have been hijacked or I should be worried.

I ran a scan and it said my computer is protected but showed 2 detected Trojan horses that were fixed. my computer seems to run fine but am worried that everything that I saved is gone,

anyone here familiar with teamster.net discussion boards. I don't suggest logging on.

upschuck

Have you tried some of the free undelete software out there? Depending on what the Trojan did, that software could reclaim your lost files. Just because the computer does not see the files doesn't mean that they are off your hard drive. I have used a couple of them, and seem to work well. Good luck.

oldngray

nowhere special
Malwarebytes is very good at cleaning things up. It will catch things Norton (or other anti virus) miss as well as spyware CCleaner misses.

oldngray

nowhere special
I never tried Trend Micro. I agree with you to avoid McAfee but Norton is very good now. It did have some problems a few years ago but seems to be fixed now.

over9five

Staff member
Have been a member of TNet for many years. Never heard of this invitation thingy tho, so I would be worried more about the source of that than the TNet site.

P.S. TNet has so little activity lately, it's not even worth signing up.

A

anonymous6

Have been a member of TNet for many years. Never heard of this invitation thingy tho, so I would be worried more about the source of that than the TNet site.

P.S. TNet has so little activity lately, it's not even worth signing up.
ya it was probably from the email . thanks for all the advice. i'll try things out. I'm in the process of changing all passwords to be on the safe side.

oldngray

nowhere special
NEVER click a link from a email. If you respond open your browser and go from there. Many viruses can be spread through emails if you click the link.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
OldnGray gave the best advice. Malwarebytes, and be sure to toss it into your favorites for when you have to startup in safe mode, is unbeatable IMO. Avast is rock solid and is much better than Viper which I paid for and used until I found Avast.

A

anonymous6

I forgot to mention that the last thing I did was update AVG to the 2014 version and then restarted the computer as directed. that's when everything disappeared.