Does ORION or RDO require drivers to spend more time in the oppressive heat of cargo area?

Does ORION or RDO result in drivers spending more time in the oppressive heat of the cargo area?

• ORION

Votes: 14 100.0%
  • RDO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

browned out

I started an earlier thread where I inadvertently requested a comparison between ODO and EDD instead of ODO and RDO.

If RDO or ODO is followed to the letter; which one requires more unnecessary time to be spent in the excessive, oppressive, stifling heat of the cargo area of a package car? Which one suggests that a package car driver search for a 5000 section package when the package car is still bulked out? Which one requires a package car driver to unnecessarily expend energy climbing out of the package car cab and then climbing back in the rear door to find an 8000 package as the second stop of the day?

New drivers and swing drivers may have no idea how to pull a route without using the required ORION Delivery Order.

Last edited:

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
RDO is close to complete nonsense for the business part of my day. At least this new Orion with change the manifest to figure out what I’m doing.

With a heat index of 115, I don’t think either really makes a difference.

mcsketcher

IDK what RDO or ODO mean but my itinerary never updates when it would help. It’ll go as far as disregarding air commits and I’ll have to just start looking at the map and manually plan my own route on the fly to not have lates and make it make sense.

It also likes to have me drive into the center of my stops and then not work in any particular direction or shelf sequence while driving in circles.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Neither ODO or RDO contribute to extra time in the rear of the truck. Preload maybe if they had a bad day. Any dummy should know to open the rear door(s) if extra time is needed.

y.jpg

DOK

I started an earlier thread where I inadvertently requested a comparison between ODO and EDD instead of ODO and RDO.

If RDO or ODO is followed to the letter; which one requires more unnecessary time to be spent in the excessive, oppressive, stifling heat of the cargo area of a package car? Which one suggests that a package car driver search for a 5000 section package when the package car is still bulked out? Which one requires a package car driver to unnecessarily expend energy climbing out of the package car cab and then climbing back in the rear door to find an 8000 package as the second stop of the day?

New drivers and swing drivers may have no idea how to pull a route without using the required ORION Delivery Order.
Definitely I would think Orion has you in the back more than RDO, but that assumes your RDO is correct. With ups now cutting routes because it’s slowing down, at least in our center it is, they’re not putting the sections back into the proper order they were before the pandemic. Everything is getting added back to my truck in 8000 section.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

I miss RDO made it much easier to run my day and I could deliver more in an order that made sense. I just do RDO in my head now while delivering and ignore Orion. Years of complaining and still with ODO it screws up stops on the same street and has you bounce all over and still will have you do 9/10 stops on one street and for some dumb backwards reason wants you to come back 60 stops letter and deliver that 10th one. The manifest update feature occasionally fixes that but depending on the day I get updates or I don’t.