Doing taxes for 2012. Sold off my stock. Did UPS ESPP ever have a lookback provision?

Guppy23

Explanation of lookback:
What is a "lookback"?

"A lookback provision bases the purchase price not on the stock price at the time of purchase but, rather, on the price either at the beginning of the offering period or the end, whichever is lower."

Trying to account for the discounted espp early days when it first started. I see that in beginning April 1 2009 the discount was changed from 10% to 5%. Was the lookback taken away at that time also?

I need the info to help me calculate my cost basis. Are there any experts in the browncafe forums?

The custodians for the plan has changed a few times. From First Union to Mellon to Computershare so that adds to the fun also.
So what do ya think.

Thanks
And also thanks to this forum for being here.

Bob

Btw I know google is my friend! And I know I can use to phone to call Atlanta.

Guppy23

Re: Doing taxes for 2012. Sold off my stock. Did UPS ESPP ever have a lookback provis

This a letter I found the the secret archives. This letter from 2009 acts as if the lookback was discontinued but I see in the a prospectus from the year 2000 no apparent mention of any lookback. Its looking more and more that I'll have to let someone do my taxes this year. Never had to do that before and I scared...

"Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan

55 Glenlake Parkway, NE

Atlanta, GA 30328

April 6, 2009

Dear UPSer,

Unprecedented global economic conditions have caused us to make some tough, strategic decisions

about how we operate in order to minimize the economy's impact on our people and our company.

As you learned
in early February, one change involved the Discounted Employee Stock Purchase

Plan (DESPP).

The DESPP discount has been reduced from 10 to 5 percent effective for deferrals made after the

last pay period in March 2009.
In addition, the discount now is based on the stock price on the last

day of each quarter
. "
Bob