Dollar General Replaces Amazon

Artee

I’ve had pick up stops close down leaving an empty building. Fedex has left those stops on my pick up list for years because the contact phone number doesn’t answer to verify they’re closed. Fedex pays me to stop by a vacant building everyday. Easy money.

Sounds like there is some fat to trim at ground. We just cancelled two pick up stops around our place the last few weeks as they were just not producing. Obviously not good management over there as that should be handled at a local level. I cannot believe some manager there has been looking at the numbers and has not noticed a package has not been picked up there a month or more. Anybody with two rocks in their head to rub together would tell the driver to stop going by there. They will call us if they need us.

bacha29

I’ve had pick up stops close down leaving an empty building. Fedex has left those stops on my pick up list for years because the contact phone number doesn’t answer to verify they’re closed. Fedex pays me to stop by a vacant building everyday. Easy money.
Why not? You didn't ask them to sign up that pickup. Therefore, it's a management level problem that requires a management level solution. So keep on stopping there because as a contractor you obviously know that the dumber you act.....the less they expect from you.

It will be fine

Sounds like there is some fat to trim at ground. We just cancelled two pick up stops around our place the last few weeks as they were just not producing. Obviously not good management over there as that should be handled at a local level. I cannot believe some manager there has been looking at the numbers and has not noticed a package has not been picked up there a month or more. Anybody with two rocks in their head to rub together would tell the driver to stop going by there. They will call us if they need us.
Zero package pickups are still profitable for Ground. Customer pays around $20/week for the service. Ground pays a contractor around $13/week. There’s literally no other cost to FedEx so the rest is pure profit.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
There. Fixed for you Mr. Knowitall.

By the way do you really think minimum wage clerks at Dollar General are gonna welcome FedEx packages with open arms when they're already overworked and underpaid as it is?

Do you really think I care?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Do you really think that we care whether or not you care? If you do then I'm sorry to inform you that you have been seriously mislead and unfortunately you've been doing that to yourself for a long time now.

Considering HE ASKED ME WHAT I THOUGHT, then I would say he cared. Tally-ho!