Dont you just love residential deliveries?

jlphotog

.to make or become dull, worn-out, or weary, as from overwork or overuse.
hey man you sound pissed off at ups you dont have to justify 3 cents or 20 cents...its all about making people happy...
maybe you should be in some other business...

I'm not pissed off at UPS at all. I really enjoy my job. And, I do make people happy. I just don't believe in pissing away money.

Now that we have totally taken this thread off topic.

mittam

I knocked on a door the other day and was half way back to truck when lady yelled out, "can I help you?" I said nope just practicing my knock last customer complained I didn't knock loud enough, was that loud enough for you? She says yes have a good day bye, all the time 3 boxes were right by her and she never saw them, wonder how she felt later finding the 3 boxes

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Last week I went up to the door with a Dell notebook that needed a signature. I rang the doorbell and waited, this lady was always home and her car was in the driveway. After getting no response, I filled out the Infonotice and started walking back to my P7. The neighbor across the street was in the driveway and whipped out his C-phone and called her. She then came to the door, and said "I'm sorry, I thought you were a Jehovah Witness". I told her, "No, I'm a Methodist". We both got a laugh out of that.

Last edited:

Raw

Raw Member
My route is a high, very high-class gated resi route and I love it when I mark the box " signature required in person " and the next day the customer scribbles that out and marks the box " sign on back for delivery " , as if they make the delivery rules ! :lol:

Steelheader

The Fishing UPS Guy
I'm surprised noone has mentioned this one yet. I always laugh when this happens. You go up and DR a package (I always ring the bell per methods or knock if no bell). You're back in the package car and starting her up when the owner comes out, package in hand, and yells at you "Do I need to sign for this?". Hmmmmm, I figured I'd drop off the package and come back for the signature later, and "Here's your sign". LOL.

Oh, and it's REALLY funny how people will change over the phone vs in person. I remember working light duty in the office answering phones. Had a customer I knew well call in complaining about his "delivery time". He ALWAYS received deliveries at 9am and this new driver wasn't delivering until about 130pm. I kindly told him "Sir, you must be mistaken, I'm sure he's not off much on his delivery time". Guy became angry with me (not realizing he was talking to me lol). Finally, after his rant accusing me of not helping him and not knowing what I was talking about, I let him in on who I was. Was funny how he did a 180. Talk about a backpeddling guy. Started apologizing, and gave me some off the wall excuse about WANTING that time, not that he actually got it (since he knew I never gave him that early of a delivery). Guy lived in a super remote area, and we did everything on route (including pickups). After I got back on car, he would not look at me. He was too ashamed to.

hoser

Industrial Slob
.to make or become dull, worn-out, or weary, as from overwork or overuse.
hey man you sound pissed off at ups you dont have to justify 3 cents or 20 cents...its all about making people happy...
maybe you should be in some other business...
he should work for westjet :w00t:

he can stalk a passenger from the previous week to a park just to tell him that he sold his boat for 20% above the asking price. then give him this stare as if he is prepared to fulfill the passenger's every desire. after all, he cares so much because he's an owner, too :lol:

leastbest

LeastBest
If they ask what it is I say, "Service". If they question I quickly say that we have no product to sell, only a service to provide. Then I say, "Just doing my job maam (sir). I do it in a very monotone official voice that makes most people laugh.

Randy

6 yrs. to go!

Phila. District
I deliver to an apartment complex and wnen people ask me who the pkg. is for I just can not resist saying it's for the apt. across the way but I thought I would ask you to sign for it.:cool:

disneyworld

I was delivering to a to a wealthy house a few years ago. The city residential deliveries are all driver release but this package needed a signature so I rang the door bell and the wife/mom of the house answers the door very upbeat and good natured she sees me and asks "oh what is it? You know it's my birthday! " I said " I don't know". she said "I wonder what it could be" I finally looked at the return address and was able to figure out it was a TIVO so I said "sign here" she did and I said " I belive it is a new TIVO box happy birthday" not a second after I said that her smile turned to a frown and she said "Oh why did you tell me!" I said "sorry" as I turned and ran off. I could hear her tell someone behind her who had come to the door "he ruined my surprise......" I thought WTF she asked me. I laughed it off and forgot about the incident. About a week later I was delivering to a beauty salon in the neighborhood. I walked through the salon to the back and placed the package where I always do. As I walked back through I happen to hear a lady comment to her manicurist thinking I couldn't hear "you know I recieved a UPS box the other day and the driver ruined my birthday surprise from my husband....." I turned and glared at her I continued walking . I don't even think she knew I was the same driver.
I had a woman call in a complaint on me because I "ruined" her son's xmas. I was delivering one of those stereo shelf systems and it had a picture on the side of the box and he was the only one home, so he signed for it. He was about 25.

aspenleaf

Like when you get the preload specials when a package is so messed up they use a whole roll of tape on it. You really dont want to hand it to them so then I follow your method.

:lol: Preload special - now that is classic. We have a lot of those specials - we get ours from the hub rats.

samiam

I wish, there for I am?
I hate resi, which is why I chose a staight business route. No retail either. Just docks and bay doors, and off every early every day.

hoser

Industrial Slob
I hate resi, which is why I chose a staight business route. No retail either. Just docks and bay doors, and off every early every day.
retail stops are awesome. one park and you do all your stops. normally attractive women, too. i hate industrial parks, unless you do the route for months or years, it's a pain in the ass to find the delivery door/dock/area/gate/station/domicile/entrance/window etc. the receptionist will watch you unload 5*100lb boxes, struggle to get it in the door, then tell you that you have to deliver it out back. of course she could let you go through the office and the warehouse as a one time courtesy gesture, but receptionists seem to lead boring lives so they like the drama.