Dorky or what?

sdf747

My 2002 friend series pickup needs a paint job.

Would it be super dorky to paint it UPS brown?

I don't think I've ever seen a personal vehicle painted brown before.

TIA

traveler

Where next? Venice
There's a reason for that.:poop:

Hey! I resent that!!!

:mad: :lol:

Actually, I did once have a 1979 Mazda RX 7 that was brown. (Bought it used, great car too) All the folks who saw me delivery packages out of it at Christmas season commented that it was the best looking UPS truck they had ever seen.

:thumbup1: :laugh:

local804

Hey! I resent that!!!

Actually, I did once have a 1979 Mazda RX 7 that was brown. (Bought it used, great car too) All the folks who saw me delivery packages out of it at Christmas season commented that it was the best looking UPS truck they had ever seen.

not too sure why you would be delivering out of a brown car but....ok

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I married my wife back in 1983, she had a baby blue Maverick and I drove a '69 Vette with a custom pearl white paint job. Anyway, no kids and she needed a new vehicle, so we bought a new 1984 Chevy S-10 pickup truck. I just had started driving Package, so as a joke, the color we bought was GM "Medium Indian Bronze Metallic", or something like that. It looked UPS Brown with metal flakes in it. And we had a gold pin stripe ran down the side of it. I bought her another new car in 1988 because of a growing family, I drove that truck until 2002. :tongue_sm

DS

Fenderbender
Hey! I resent that!!!

That was a wankel rotary engine,I`m picturing a brown 2007 RX8 ...
Gimmie 100 express dr letters,I`ll be back in 20 minutes!

moreluck

golden ticket member
What Color is Your Car? What Does it Say About You?

The color car you drive actually says a lot about who you are to your friends, family, co-workers, potential dates and clients. There is some indication that the color car you drive can have as much impact on that "first impression" as the make and model.

Red

A red car indicates that you are a passionate person. You are a "take charge" kind of individual and you are at least a little wild. If you are thinking of buying a red car keep in mind that red cars still have the highest rate of theft and the highest insurance rates than any other color vehicle. Bright red paint also subconsciously sends the message that the owner is in a higher income bracket.

Orange

An orange vehicle is exceedingly hard to find. If you have an orange car you most likely crave attention. You are also generally a happy and upbeat person who enjoys being unique.

Yellow

There aren't too many yellow cars on the road either, but a few companies do put them out; think the Ford Focus and VW Bug for instance. If you drive a yellow car you are confident. You like to have fun and you embrace the child within.

Green

Green is the color of nature. The person who chooses a green car is conscientious. They tend to be the go-to person in tense situations because they know how to keep their emotions in balance.

Blue

If your car is dark blue you are likely a very loyal person. You value relationships over wealth and you are calm. Rather than stand out, you like to blend in. If your car is light blue you are serene and peaceful. You also have a strong maternal instinct.

Purple

This is the color of royalty. If you have found a purple car you are a cherished individual who loves beauty, but walks with strength and purpose.

Pink

There are few pink cars out there, but they can be found. If you have a pink car, you like to be treated with a soft touch. You like to smile and you think good health is important.

Brown

If you have a brown car that signifies that you are reliable. You are true to yourself and to those around you. You are earthy and don't engage in "showboating." You are approachable, responsible and worthy of friendship.

Black

A slick black car is the epitome of power and authority. Think CIA or Secret Service. If you have a black car, you are sending the message that you are in control and are self-assured.

White

There are many white cars on the road. What they say about their owners has a lot to do with their upkeep. A clean white car shows that you pay attention to detail. You are careful and pure. A dirty white car makes you look sloppy and indifferent.

Gray

Although gray often represents the dreary and depressing in clothes, furniture and paint, that is not the case with your gray car. A gray car is a comfortable one. It represents stability and self-reliance.

Silver

Silver cars represent prestige, wealth and luxury. The newer and shinier the car, the more this will come across.

Gold

A gold car represents wealth and pride. If you have a gold car, you likely want to be noticed. You want people to know you do not lack financially and you are independent.

satellitedriver

My 2002 friend series pickup needs a paint job.

Would it be super dorky to paint it UPS brown?

I don't think I've ever seen a personal vehicle painted brown before.

TIA

Go for it.
Any good paint shop can get close to Pullman Brown.
Don't forget all the accents, wide gold pinstripe, black rims with silver edges ,ect...
If you want to do it, then do it.
Why should you care what other people think?
PAX

JustTired

free at last.......
What Color is Your Car? What Does it Say About You?

The color car you drive actually says a lot about who you are to your friends, family, co-workers, potential dates and clients. There is some indication that the color car you drive can have as much impact on that "first impression" as the make and model.

Red

A red car indicates that you are full of yourself. You are a "hey look at me" kind of individual and you are at least a little obnoxious. If you are thinking of buying a red car keep in mind that red cars still have the highest rate of theft and the highest insurance rates than any other color vehicle.

Orange

An orange vehicle is exceedingly hard to find. If you have an orange car you most likely are a Cleveland Browns fan. You usually have a bumper sticker that says "Wait til next year".

Yellow

There aren't too many yellow cars on the road either, but a few companies do put them out; think the Ford Focus and VW Bug for instance. If you drive a yellow car you are cowardly. You don't care that the resale value of your car took a big hit the moment you drove it off the lot.

Green

Green is the color of nature. It's also the color of the stuff you spent way too much of to own it. The person who chooses a green car is going to be paying for it long after the thrill is gone.

Blue

If your car is dark blue you are likely a very depressed person. Depressed because every time you turn around, you're wiping bird crap off the hood, roof and trunk lid. Rather than stand out, you wish it would blend in.

Purple

This is the color of the Minnesota Vikings. See orange (above) for rest of details.

Pink

There are few pink cars out there, but they can be found. If you have a pink car, you're likely to be treated with disdain by those who are not in the gay community (not that there's anything wrong with that). You like to smile and that's what gets you into trouble.

Brown

If you have a brown car that signifies that you are nuts. You are a menace to yourself and to those around you. You are obviously not getting enough delivery stops and something should be done to correct that immediately.

Black

A slick black car is the epitome of power and authority. Think CIA or Secret Service. If you have a black car, you are sending the message that you are a target for the "insurgent of the month club".

White

There are many white cars on the road. What they say about their owners has a lot to do with their upkeep. A clean white car shows that you are probably in management and have nothing better to do than get your car washed. A dirty white car makes you most likely a delivery driver who is overdispatched daily and can't find the time for such trivial pursuits.

Gray

Although gray often represents the dreary and depressing in clothes, furniture and paint, that is not the case with your gray car. A gray car is a comfortable one. It represents stability and self-reliance. There's nothing funny about a gray car or the person who owns one.

Silver

Silver cars represent prestige, wealth and luxury. It also represents sucking up, backstabbing and laziness. The newer and shinier the car, the more this will come across.

Gold

A gold car represents wealth and pride. If you have a gold car, you likely want to be noticed. You want people to think you do not lack financially and that you are independent.

Disclaimer: These are just generalizations and may not describe all owners accurately.

govols019

You smell that?
My first vehicle was a brown 1970 Chevy C-10. I guess it being my first is why I have a special place in my heart for brown trucks.

govols019

You smell that?
BTW, why would a 2002 need a paint job already. I mean, I know Ford is second rate compared to Chevrolet but DANG, I didn't know they were THAT bad. :lol:

rushfan

If you paint it brown, be sure to take it to the same discount paint shop we use here. I seen bugs painted over in some of our vehicles.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
It mentions RED as the color with the highest insurance. No mention what color has the lowest ins premium.....lime green??