DRA

chargerlou

Today we were told dra would not be used we all went back to are old routes of course due the 100's of service failures.

fedupped

We are told to use it, unless it doesnt work, or you will have service failures, then you still have a brain..?.. Dra doesnt seem to realize that some streets are 6 lanes with a median and you cant jump back and forth from odd to even. Ridiculous. It also doesnt recognize water..canals, lakes etc.

fedupped

..oh, someone mentioned to a customer the reason they were getting their pkgs late was because of DRA. It got back to Mgmnt and was met with harsh criticism in the am meeting.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
HEE HEEEEEE!....how I love it when their ill-conceived and idiotic schemes to do things dumber and cheaper blow up in their stupid faces. Let's hear more of these little tidbits please!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
HEE HEEEEEE!....how I love it when their ill-conceived and idiotic schemes to do things dumber and cheaper blow up in their stupid faces. Let's hear more of these little tidbits please!

Exactly. This is like the bank robber who has the bright orange dye explode all over them when they open the bag of money they just stole. Can't you just see MT3 up there all dripping with neon orange, telling us that DRA is an "unqualified success"?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We are told to use it, unless it doesnt work, or you will have service failures, then you still have a brain..?.. Dra doesnt seem to realize that some streets are 6 lanes with a median and you cant jump back and forth from odd to even. Ridiculous. It also doesnt recognize water..canals, lakes etc.

OK, use it, but don't use it when it doesn't work? What kind of ridiculous logic is that? I suggest we ALL keep using it exactly as designed and watch the sideshow crash, burn, and then explode into a nuclear mushroom cloud. Bahahahahahaha!!! DRA,The gift that keeps right on giving.

thedownhillEXPRESS

This is an epic failure and downright hilarious.
I know R1a says this is what will make experiences courriers obsolete, and I agree, but it is going to be worth it just laughing at them until it happens.
DRA may actually destroy express first.

DontThrowPackages

So DRA doesn't understand the driver delivers one side of the street at a time? This is fine in sleepy neighborhoods but on a busy highways its impossible and suicidal.

HomeDelivery

How about making Wal Mart the last stop for the day -and they will not take any del after 2:surprised:

i had that happen on a Saturday w/ our VRP program... went straight to the front customer service rep & say, "would you like to sign for this parcel now or will you guys wait until Tuesday?"

Maui

R1A is very correct. There are a myriad of problems, but the biggest hurdle is getting DRA right with all the different commit times.

Some of the other problems, like canals, water, snaking on both sides of main roads are OSS problems. Those should have been corrected before DRA even launched at a STA. They are supposed to model from past stop data and make adjustments. They should have also reviewed with the Ops Manager and SM to provide feedback that the routing would need to be tweaked.

The OSS is also responsible for stop profiles to make sure things like Wal-Mart as last stop do not happen. A decent OSS is extremely important for DRA. In the abscence of that you need a management team that will hold OSS accountable.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
R1A is very correct. There are a myriad of problems, but the biggest hurdle is getting DRA right with all the different commit times.

Some of the other problems, like canals, water, snaking on both sides of main roads are OSS problems. Those should have been corrected before DRA even launched at a STA. They are supposed to model from past stop data and make adjustments. They should have also reviewed with the Ops Manager and SM to provide feedback that the routing would need to be tweaked.

The OSS is also responsible for stop profiles to make sure things like Wal-Mart as last stop do not happen. A decent OSS is extremely important for DRA. In the abscence of that you need a management team that will hold OSS accountable.

Most OSS people I have met don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. That gives me supreme confidence that DRA, at least for the time being, will be an abject failure. It will take them a long time to "get it right". Just like ROADS, which was never corrected fully and has always been something of a joke. Even if they DO figure it out, the housewife from Thousand Oaks or the guy who just came over from Vietnam they have running the route, will still eff it up somehow. Perhaps their level of performance will be "acceptable" to the Memphoid bean-counters, but I doubt it, because they will expect them to be just as productive as an experienced and competent courier, and most will leave before they master the learning curve. That is inefficient, and in the long run...costly. Fred may save money, but it isn't going to be the $1.7B he has been blowing up Wall Street's ass.

hypo hanna

There are some very smart OSS. There are just as many who are complete idiots. Probably why DRA has had some success in one area and failed in another.

newgirl

​Our OSS person was displaced.