Draft women

Should women be made to register for the draft now that congress has OKed them for combat?

• yes--they wanted equal rights and by god they got them

Votes: 12 85.7%
  • no--put them up on a pedestal and worship them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • only if they look like they could beat up a marine to begin with

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

Gear

Parts on Order
I wasn't arguing that women aren't important. Along with equal rights comes equal responsibilities.

Im just talking about the different roles men and women play. Men fight wars and women take care of the home front, which is just as important and difficult. You were drafted, so you know what it means. Only guys who were drafted really know what it means. Alot of people who never been to war or even served in the military come up with ideas to make things better. I think its been so long since the drafted was needed, people just forget what comes with it.

rod

Retired 22 years
Im just talking about the different roles men and women play. Men fight wars and women take care of the home front, which is just as important and difficult. You were drafted, so you know what it means. Only guys who were drafted really know what it means. Alot of people who never been to war or even served in the military come up with ideas to make things better. I think its been so long since the drafted was needed, people just forget what comes with it.

the day will come when you see it again

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Draft? Really?

Do you even think this generation would acknowledge, accept, or comply with a draft?
Before you try and take the pretentious old guy podium, you might want to consider the fact that we've had enough voluntary service members since 9/11 that we haven't had to reinstate a draft.

rod

Retired 22 years
Before you try and take the pretentious old guy podium, you might want to consider the fact that we've had enough voluntary service members since 9/11 that we haven't had to reinstate a draft.

Everything I've read has said that the all volunteer program is slowing down as people realize its a non-winnable situation. The day will come when there won't be enough volunteers to play their games. The troops are getting tired of being deployed time and time again because there aren't enough fresh grunts.

rod

Retired 22 years
Draft? Really?

Do you even think this generation would acknowledge, accept, or comply with a draft?

The true "you owe me a living, give me everything for nothing, I don't have to do anything I don't want to" generation speaks up. I guess if you are willing to go to prison keep believing what you want to. P.S. Canada or Mexico isn't going to be so understanding the next time so don't plan on running there. If you think all your buddies will stand behind you think again.

sailfish

Everything I've read has said that the all volunteer program is slowing down as people realize its a non-winnable situation. The day will come when there won't be enough volunteers to play their games. The troops are getting tired of being deployed time and time again because there aren't enough fresh grunts.
No amount of resources can save that hopeless, miserable sh*hole over there. They've been doing the same thing for 2500 years. The only thing that's changed is the means.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....

State the obvious , why don't you.

If you think a draft would work now, you are delusional.

Last edited:

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
The true "you owe me a living, give me everything for nothing, I don't have to do anything I don't want to" generation speaks up. I guess if you are willing to go to prison keep believing what you want to. P.S. Canada or Mexico isn't going to be so understanding the next time so don't plan on running there. If you think all your buddies will stand behind you think again.

Is this directed toward me, or are you just ranting?

Ms.PacMan

I keep reading this thread and I don't want to bash my own gender because I think there are plenty of gals who love to serve their country but a draft could potentially force ANY young woman into service and therein lies the problem. Some women just aren't emotionally or physically cut out for armed service and then what?

rod

Retired 22 years
I keep reading this thread and I don't want to bash my own gender because I think there are plenty of gals who love to serve their country but a draft could potentially force ANY young woman into service and therein lies the problem. Some women just aren't emotionally or physically cut out for armed service and then what?

I will let you in on a little secret----when I was 19 and got drafted I was "emotional" too.

rod

Retired 22 years
I bet you were but unless we raise little girls to suck it up they're not going to have a lot of practice before they get drafted.

Its a slippery slope----when is "treated equally" not such a good idea? Personally I wouldn't want a daughter (or son for that matter) drafted but .........I guess I'm glad its not my decision to make. If we end up with a female President I guess we will see how far the envelope on gender equality gets pushed.

sailfish

State the obvious , why don't you.

If you think a draft would work now, you are delusional.
Draft who? The ones who already had the initiative to sign up on their own? You get my point here?

Because we all know how eager these guys were to grab their guns and go.

112.JPG