Driver helper covered by union

Bkcarlito

New here really. So are driver helpers hours or work covered by the contract at all? Driver helping and going into building work getting OT after so many hours after doing driver helper? If that makes sense.

Basically asking if you work in a building, preload or reload/local sort, and you do driver helper. Do you get any OT, per contract?

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
If you work over 8 w/ lunch included as a helper you will get OT. Your inside work and outside work doesn't count as one shift.

Bkcarlito

So it isn’t like an air driver work. If you get over 8 you get OT in building also. It basically is a stand-alone with driver helper. You get over 8 hr you get OT. But that doesn’t flow into building time
Just trying to clarify

allahuakbar

She/Her
If you work over 8 w/ lunch included as a helper you will get OT. Your inside work and outside work doesn't count as one shift.
Is that new in the last couple years? I had a preloader that was making bank one year doing 15 hour days all week. They’d sleep in the locker room sometimes. But noticed signs in the hub say now it won’t be considered one shift now.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
Is that new in the last couple years? I had a preloader that was making bank one year doing 15 hour days all week. They’d sleep in the locker room sometimes. But noticed signs in the hub say now it won’t be considered one shift now.
Yah, never worked that way for me. Couple peaks ago (part time worker), I'd unload, air shuttle, driver help, then return to building to car wash and park. Never saw any OT. Had to do one job for over five hours, but rarely did that.

Yah, never worked that way for me. Couple peaks ago (part time worker), I'd unload, air shuttle, driver help, then return to building to car wash and park. Never saw any OT. Had to do one job for over five hours, but rarely did that.
Should have been paid OT for all hours worked over 8. Working under art 40, air shuttle, changed your OT from 5 hours to 8.