Driver helper newbie question.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Listen, you could always bribe your driver to put in a good word for you.

I had a jumper one year that I thought was going to be a nightmare. She turned out to be amazing and such a great worker. I bugged them to keep her on and now she is going on year 6 driving. Still one of the hardest workers there.

She showed up on her first day as a helper wearing sneakers in December and a thin sweatshirt. Thought the first time her feet hit snow, she would be whining about being all wet and cold. Never said a peep. We parked at the side of a parking lot near a small snow bank to get lunch and before we went in, we moved some stuff from the back door to the front door. As she was climbing in to the truck, she busted her ass. Her DIAD went one way, the package she had ended up on the roof of the truck. She not once complained.

Been going on upsjobs for several months now and finally got hired as a driver helper out of Wilmington,NC. I'm a 43 year old single father of 2 teenage girls trying to get full time employment with UPS. I'm wondering what are my chances of staying employed with UPS after Christmas is over. Hoping I can at least go straight from seasonal driver helper to part time package handler in the warehouse. Is it likely I can stay employed with them and continue for the long long from here. I realize I'm pretty old to be starting but hey,it is what it is... Thanks for any information or advice you can give!!!!

Good morning and gratz on getting hired! I also just started as a helper and desire the same thing you do. My driver has allowed me to help sort the truck when we get midday air, I am also hoping for a warehouse job once the seasonal gig ends. Keep on keepin on!