Driver Helper want to be a Driver

AXMEN

Currently I'm a Driver helper here in Hampton road Virginia but my goal is to be a UPS driver in fact I'm about to take CDL program at TCC this summer to earn my CDL License. What do I need to do to be UPS Driver.

Currently I'm a Driver helper here in Hampton road Virginia but my goal is to be a UPS driver in fact I'm about to take CDL program at TCC this summer to earn my CDL License. What do I need to do to be UPS Driver.
I must be at least 21 years of age and have no tickets and accidents for at least one year and no reckless driving or DUI's for at least 3 years

upschuck

If you're trying to be a delivery driver, you don't need a CDL. Save your money. If you decide to go feeders after that, UPS will train you, and pay.

If you want to go straight into feeders(semis), it used to be 5 yrs exp needed. Not sure what it is now.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
get a job here first kiddo before you go talking about being a driver

and plus your chances are slim to none getting behind the wheel..

YOU WILL NEVER BE A RPCD

UPS helper = NO JOB 🤣

🧔✊

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
🤬 I’m sorry kid , please apply and work preload and work your way up to driving. Great time to be hired here the company is growing!
🧔✊

Zowert

If you want to work at UPS don't waste your money getting a CDL.
This is the best advice. UPS will pay you to get your CDL down the road if you want to get into feeders. You can either apply and get hired off the street as a 22.4 combination driver or get a job inside the building and bid on a driving position, which will likely be 22.4 as well. Once you’re there you’ll want to become an RPCD as soon as possible.

allahuakbar

She/Her
Get your cdl first if you’re financially able to. Then apply to be a driver or hub job and get on that feeder list down the road when you’re able. Don’t lock yourself into just working at ups or getting stuck here too long. There’s plenty of other cdl jobs out there.

Julain-439

I have a question do you meet the ups driver at the Ups center or somewhere nearby your house