Driver Jobs, How do You Get Them???

Hi All,

This is my first post but have been lurking for a while. I need some insight and sugestions on how to get a driving jod with UPS?

I am currently living in the economically depressed state of MI and getting layed off for the 3rd time in 3 years :angry: I have applied online to UPS and DHL but it seems as the application goes into some sort of black hole never to be heard from.

I hold a current CDLA w/ Hazmat, but only about 3 months OTR experience w/ US Xpress. No accidents, tickets or criminal record of any kind. I had to come off the road when I got full time custody of my oldest daughter and need to be home every night.

I am looking for any help or ideas to land a full time driver/courrier job with UPS, FedEx or DHL. I am a hard worker and really would like to come aboard. Any insight is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

rod

Retired 22 years
I hate to burst your bubble but if your looking for a daytime feeder route as an entry job it's not going to happen. Becoming a package driver might be a possibility(depending where you live) but even that requires you to wait for an opening and UPS isn't noted for hiring an abundance of drivers. Just keep pounding on their door

DS

Fenderbender
Have you ever seen the movie "Midnight express"?...If you want to work for ups you will be in a Turkish prison for a few years before you get to top rate.If you can get a loan,buy yourself a dependable truck and work for DHL or Fedex ground driver.If you decide on ups,by the time you are making enough money to support her you will be getting home too late to spend any time with her.good luck