EDCOR

Gukta

I'm trying to go back to school and I am wondering why some centers are not eligible for EDCOR services. Does anyone have any information on this it is really frustrating to me that being a part-time union paying member that this service is not available to me.

Thank you for your time.

brown_trousers

I'm pretty sure it is implemented in areas that have high turn-over rates as an incentive to work at that facility. Its strange that a lot of the big university towns don't have the edcor benefits and a lot of the non-university towns do

Robert91

I've been working through EDCOR for my tuition reimbursement for three semesters now; I don't believe the union has anything to do with EDCOR or the way that the company decides which facilities can offer the tuition reimbursement.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe I heard somewhere that the decision is geographic in nature, but it would be interesting to know why some places offer it and others don't.

24ball

EDCOR is not available to all union employees. The company decides on locations that they feel need it to help reduce turnover. The union has nothing to do with EDCOR. So, if you are a dues paying union member it looks like you have three options,
1. Ask the union to pay for your school
2. File a grievence
3. Become a p/t supervisor. PT sups get EDCOR.....You can look it up on upsers.com.

brown_trousers

EDCOR is not available to all union employees. The company decides on locations that they feel need it to help reduce turnover. The union has nothing to do with EDCOR. So, if you are a dues paying union member it looks like you have three options,
1. Ask the union to pay for your school
2. File a grievence
3. Become a p/t supervisor. PT sups get EDCOR.....You can look it up on upsers.com.

lol... ask the union to pay for something??? While your at it, will you ask them to buy me a new car

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I've been working through EDCOR for my tuition reimbursement for three semesters now; I don't believe the union has anything to do with EDCOR or the way that the company decides which facilities can offer the tuition reimbursement.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe I heard somewhere that the decision is geographic in nature, but it would be interesting to know why some places offer it and others don't.
It's probably offered in lowest cost areas that also have the highest turnover. If it's profitable and helps the company more than the actual people it's designed to help, sign UPS up!

brett636

EDCOR is simply an incentive to reduce turnover at the larger buildings. In my city there are two hubs each consisting of 3 centers and a single center building in the northern part of town, and only the largest of the three buildings has tuition reimbursement available to all employees.

GayOfThrones

UPSRepresentation Edor is not available to ALL employees please stop providing misinformation.

Edcor is available depending on your facility. All part-time supervisors get it but only certain union employees do.

If you ARE infact elligible my only recommnedation is that you submit files electronically because if you attempt to "fax" it's a pain and they always find something "wrong" or "illegible" or "lost".