Employee Assistance Program??

T

texxdog

Does anyone know If we have this available to us? Me and my wife need help with marriage counseling fees.

M

mackintosh1970

Tex--Seems I'm pushing UPSers.com tonight, but you may want to go there and look under the "My Benefits" tab. I do know under some of the health insurance plans, there are "mental health" things, like getting a shrink, which may be just what you're looking for (shrink, counsellor, therapist, you know, whatever you want to call one!) Good luck and I hope things work out.

D

dannyboy

Tex, even if they dont, it is worth paying out of pocket. And if you need time off to help in the endevour, that can be arranged also.

My heart goes out to you and yours. Best of luck!

d

T

tsg

Texxdog--I've been through it. UPS benefits do not cover "marital counseling". However, the trick is to find a caring counselor who will be flexible as far as he reports to the insurance. In my case, it was "acute depression, spouse necessary for intervention". Do it! It saved my marriage!!!

T

texxdog

Yep , your right TSG! The counselor's secretary, who files the insurance , told me they can get the insurance to pay for it If it is considered "stess" related rather than marital problems. to bad it didnt work though. She went throug it with a closed heart and it doesnt look like its going to work out. Ive been in feeders now for 6 months. I guess the work schedule had alot to do with this.

P

proups

texxdog: hang in there. This job can be tough on a family. I've been lucky with a very understanding wife for 20 years!

All the best wishes for you and your wife.

G

gwm

JUST READ YOUR QUESTION--HOPE IT IS SOLVED BY NOW----BUT INDIVIDUAL THERAPY IS COVERED---DEPRESSION---WHICH NO DOUBT HAPPENS---BEEN THROUGH IT--NOW DIVORCED AND SINGLE--WHICH WAS THE BEST THING IN MY CASE----HOPE ALL IS WELL----G