Employee's riding on our aircraft!!!!!!

U

upsdog

What ever happened to letting employee's ride on our airplanes (for a very small fee) like Fedex? There is plenty of room on them... Why not make it where a person and there family can use this?

K

kjones514

The FAA and UPS Flt Ops have a procedure in place. It would be nice for all employees to have this benefit but these seats are for pilots going to work or home. Jumpseats are included in contracts for "benefits", but remember that UPS and the Govt controls the seats.

K

kjones514

The latest UPS Dispatch has an article on jumpseats, if you can believe the Dispatch. They sometimes "stretch the truth" but it is something to read while your in the bathroom at work.

U

upsfeedersdsm

Our managers do ride we had at least two that told me they hopped a ride to ky for training

K

kjones514

Yep, they qualify, they are on "company business", but Pilots use the seats to get to and from work or personnel travel. The use of jumpseats is really a pain in the ass, I have been bumped several times, believe me its not worth what you think it is.

T

ted_m

If you're an Airline employee, you can jumpseat for personal pleasure. Yes, you are subject to being bumped at any time. The key is 1) flying to places where pilots don't live 2) flying on days when the liklihood is reduced and/or 3) having a backup flight (via reduced airfare w/other airline benefits) in hand. Some people love it -- it helps if you're single and don't mind the fact that most flights take off at ungodly hours.