Employment Question Newbury Park

specter208

Hello. I'm 18 and have no formal job experience. This is my second application for PT Package Handler at a sort facility in Newbury Park, CA. First application and interview was in mid-June this year but apparently my info wasn't submitted to the main HR person. I submitted a second application and had an interview in mid-September and was told there would be lots of oppurtunites for work in October. I was also told I would be considered for Driver helper if I didn't get a Handler postion. It is now October 11th and still no contact. The building is still accepting applications but I'm worried I will be left waiting like last time. What are my chances of getting hired? thanks for the help!

Nostromo

Maybe a good chance you would get called. But at this point it's a hurry up and wait type of deal. Best of luck

Sent using Morse code

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
How would we know? We are not HR. They've been hiring PTers by the truckload here. If you haven't heard anything....it couldn't hurt to apply somewhere else.

specter208

Maybe a good chance you would get called. But at this point it's a hurry up and wait type of deal. Best of luck

Sent using Morse code
Thanks.
Maybe HR is telling you something and you are not listening.
I got the impression from both interviews that I had convinced them to give me chance. I'm checking both my phones and email. I'll wait a couple days before I'm forced to move on. Would really like to work for this company.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Thanks.

I got the impression from both interviews that I had convinced them to give me chance. I'm checking both my phones and email. I'll wait a couple days before I'm forced to move on. Would really like to work for this company.
Haha...do a search on this site about how great the company has been lately. While it's very true this is a good company to work for the right person, the vast majority of people hired wind up quitting eventually. If you have no other prospects and like to hustle and can ignore stupidity from above and from your coworkers, bring it! But this is a grind kind of place. 18 years for me. I'll retire well, but that's because I got hired pre '97 contract. I hope it works out for you, but I can almost guarantee you'll find happiness and fulfillment somewhere else. Just wait or call the number if you have it.