EVC

vantexan

How 'bout those couriers who never train their customers that a 1700 RDY means 1700? "The regular guy don't come by until about 1750!!! You're too early!!!"
You mean the fantasy world where couriers pick up every pup at it's ready time? You've been a mgr far too long.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
You're just defensive because you want to, right? LOL!
clueless4.jpg

Typical response programmed into your empty head.

Did MT3 teach you how to bark and roll over too?

dezguy

How 'bout those couriers who never train their customers that a 1700 RDY means 1700? "The regular guy don't come by until about 1750!!! You're too early!!!"
Ummm... Last time I checked, it's the customer who sets up their pick up. If their pick up window opens at 1700, it had better be ready at 1700. I don't feel the need to train someone who was the one who scheduled the pick up that way in the first place.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Ummm... Last time I checked, it's the customer who sets up their pick up. If their pick up window opens at 1700, it had better be ready at 1700. I don't feel the need to train someone who was the one who scheduled the pick up that way in the first place.

There are plenty of customers who have no idea what their ready times are because the people who do the shipping aren't the people who set up the RDY time. They think it's around whatever time the courier usually shows up. That's all fine and dandy until a swing runs the route and shows up at 1605 for a 1600 RDY, which isn't ready because the regular courier doesn't show up until 1650 and they don't prepare it until around that time.

When I was a pickup courier, all of my customers knew what their ready times were because I made the effort to tell them. There were a few that I'd snag just before the CLS times, so I'd remind them before taking time off that the person subbing for me might show up earlier.

SmithBarney

I've messaged in plenty of changes through the years.. basically something like this:
DADS15 Molly McGreggor wants ready time at 1730 till 1830.
Dispatch has no problem with these changes as long as you provide a name..
customers don't want to call and try to figure out how to change these things.

Now a Swing or Coverage driver should never make the change without informing the regular driver.

I always try to hit READY times for regulars, Hitting CLO times all day is a risky proposal.

whenIgetthere

I've messaged in plenty of changes through the years.. basically something like this:
DADS15 Molly McGreggor wants ready time at 1730 till 1830.
Dispatch has no problem with these changes as long as you provide a name..
customers don't want to call and try to figure out how to change these things.

Now a Swing or Coverage driver should never make the change without informing the regular driver.

I always try to hit READY times for regulars, Hitting CLO times all day is a risky proposal.

I always chase ready times, too. Setting yourself up for failure chasing close times. of course, if you do deliveries as well, probably not an option to chase readies everyday.

dex 84

It depends where they are too. There's some that are better to get right when they're ready and others that are better right when they close. If you got a bunch of 1700-1800 stops in a row with 1730-1830 stops if you can get them all in 30 minutes they might best be done all between 1730 and 1800. And when you have a 1600 close in the same building as a 1600 ready you want to get there right before 1600. Unless you're route isn't that busy. Then you want to make multiple passes through each area, grabbing pickups just as they ready up.

Sparky

When I ran my city route, I would always have a giggle when I was in an elevator in a building, the on call would pop up and I would just press their floor, after a couple of times of getting there while they were still getting their confirmation on the phone they learned not to call until it was ready to go, I have my new route trained to know I can get there one minute after your ready or one minute before your close, the window is fair game

HedleyLamarr

Was informed yesterday that I am a focus courier this month. My average last month was 95, so every day for the rest of the month, I need to arrive 10 minutes early so my manager can go over the previous days gap report with me. Also, he will be doing 2 check rides with me at some point. Fun....not.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Was informed yesterday that I am a focus courier this month. My average last month was 95, so every day for the rest of the month, I need to arrive 10 minutes early so my manager can go over the previous days gap report with me. Also, he will be doing 2 check rides with me at some point. Fun....not.
I sure hope that's 10 minutes earlier ON the clock. Don't do that on your own time regardless of what your mgr tells you.

Schweddy

Balls
^^ yep, 39 that jank. +clock in the extra 5 minutes early.

ON, these are the same bosses that made? him take brakes as a PT'er to make up for SPH, etc.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
^^ yep, 39 that jank. +clock in the extra 5 minutes early.

ON, these are the same bosses that made? him take brakes as a PT'er to make up for SPH, etc.
They do all kinds of stuff to newbies until they start speaking up for themselves. For awhile at my station, mgrs would put a note on the punch in machine for PM routes to start 30 mins later, THAT DAY. And they did it! It's been awhile though. Guess someone finally raised hell. Lol. Imagine showing up for your scheduled start time, to see a note telling you to start 30 mins later? How about hell NO.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
They do all kinds of stuff to newbies until they start speaking up for themselves. For awhile at my station, mgrs would put a note on the punch in machine for PM routes to start 30 mins later, THAT DAY. And they did it! It's been awhile though. Guess someone finally raised hell. Lol. Imagine showing up for your scheduled start time, to see a note telling you to start 30 mins later? How about hell NO.
Most likely downright illegal.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

That's exactly what he should be doing, and what half the people here complain isn't being done in their respective cases. We've got people in this and other nearby markets who do well to hit 90% and nothing is done about it.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
That's exactly what he should be doing, and what half the people here complain isn't being done in their respective cases. We've got people in this and other nearby markets who do well to hit 90% and nothing is done about it.
Maybe they feel that if they aren't being paid 100%, why should they work at 100%? :)

DRAisawesome

1. Have confidence on checkride. Have answers for any question about your route
2. Sign the paperwork.
3. Laugh as this won't change anything but possibly lower your goal.

whenIgetthere

Extra 50 minutes paid per week, what's not to like. Easy money.