Ever found Drugs or Money in a Box?

H

hseofpayne

When I was working preload, I had a damaged package(wet) going to one of my rtes. come down the belt. At break, I took it over to the clerk and she opened it up. Inside was a bunch of green bananas that had gotten hot and crushed sitting in the back of a feeder all weekend. Below that was a plastic bag full of coffee grounds and inside the coffee grounds was a mason jar with one big bunch of cocaine inside! UPS called the GBI, they put on some browns, knocked on the guys door and soon as he signed, bam, they arrested him. Even better though, the bright star who sent it from Miami had given his actual return address, so you guessed it, the FBI put on browns, told him we couldn't find the address, and bam, he was arrested, too!

drewed

Shankman
Wow thats great, any hub or gateway with a int'l connection probably has customs on premises Im sure they find all sorts of crazy things

dcdriver

nations capital
Drugs come though UPS all the time. DEA visit are hub atleast once a week alway finding something. I thought the cops could not dress up like a driver anymore to make a drug bust. This will always put the drivers in a bad spot while on the street.

DS

Fenderbender
Theres a store where I deliver that sells pot seeds.weird,but its not illegal here.He has a huge selection from all over the world.He does well selling
them on his website to a lot of Americans.He likes the $ up front.Awhile
ago I had an express letter that had been opened and retaped.It was empty.Apparently the sender put $500 cash in $5 bills in it.He says he
does not ask for cash,and he remarked oh well,its the cost of being in
this business.BTW the owner is some old grey haired freak that drives a maserati.They are always smoking in the back,I think they call the cops if kids come in looking to buy weed,so they dont bother them.

H

hseofpayne

Drugs come though UPS all the time. DEA visit are hub atleast once a week alway finding something. I thought the cops could not dress up like a driver anymore to make a drug bust. This will always put the drivers in a bad spot while on the street.
I was on the preload in the early 80's when this happened. I didn't have a clue what it was, but the A.M. clerk sure did!

sendagain

There was the occasional vibrator that switched into the on position, sending that tremor through the packaging, but i never noticed any drugs. Sometimes a toy would be on, and if you jostled the package it might say something or make some other noise. That was always a point of hilarity.

H

hseofpayne

Wow thats great, any hub or gateway with a int'l connection probably has customs on premises Im sure they find all sorts of crazy things
When I first started with UPS, international was anything going out of Georgia, no big fancy hubs or gateways( not even the cow computers) and the only customs I had heard of were Harleys!

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Back when we were limited to 50 pounds a package, we had a guy in Church Hill that tried to save a few bucks and sent out one weighing about 70. Clerk came around the corner with two bags of weed, and asked if we had a box big enough to repack them in.

As for money, had a delivery with a sup riding with me in virginia. Way out in the sticks. Had a large shoe box and it went to a house on stilts way up the hill side. Supe said, this one is yours, so I humped it up the hill. Took about 20 minutes and I was in shape back then.

As I got her to sign for it, she remarked, "its from my son, he sells cars in New York. Wanna see what he sent?" While I really could have cared less, I was a bit out of breath, so I said sure. She opened the box, and it was full of hundreds. I bet there was 100 grand in that box. And her living in a house without running water or electric.

Go figure.

d

I had to return a box a couple months ago that apperently had $13,000 in it. It was found because it was insured. I think it was sent out later that night without insurance. Could have a nice bonus.

rod

Retired 22 years
I knew a gentleman that was in the "auto parts business" and once a week he would send a next day air letter with from 3 to 5 thousand dollars in it back to Kalifornia. Car parts can be expensive you know.:peaceful: ( I have to admit that one time I peaked and he wasn't lying. about the $)

jchimienti

haha when i was unloading one day a box fell and it was slap full of cocaine like at least 20 lbs. nobody was around and i just taped it up and sent it on its way! i figure they chose ups so i could care less

DS

Fenderbender
haha when i was unloading one day a box fell and it was slap full of cocaine like at least 20 lbs. nobody was around and i just taped it up and sent it on its way! i figure they chose ups so i could care less
You could've retired on that
(not that I would do it):sad-very:

satellitedriver

Many moons ago, my center manager called me into the office.
On his desk was a baggie , that was obviously pot with burnt roaches in it.
He said," You know about this stuff, is it, what I think it is?
(He was a Hispanic from "The Valley" in Texas)
He knew exactly what it was.
I asked ,"Where did it come from?, and he replied, a
"A package had a P.O. address and the clerk
opened it up and found it."
I reached down and opened the bag and smelled it and confirmed that is was Mary Jane,
he freaked( all show) and he said I could not do that.
I looked at him and said," Some poor bastard is going to get busted for some really sorry dirt weed."
UPS repackaged it and called him saying he could come pick it up because it did not have an address.
He came, he went to jail.

H

hseofpayne

Street value of 20 lbs of cocaine- $750,000 you may not have retired, but you could have taken a few days off!

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
I had a customer once that actually waiting for me as I drove up. He remarked I hope you got what I'm looking for! After signing for it he tore the box open and showed me 2 eagle's head and 2 pairs of eagle's foot. He told me they needed them for a "ceremony". At that time I was only driving for about a year and was pretty naive. Only after driving away I thought...hey...isn't possession of eagle parts illegal?

This guy was a Native American Indian, don't know if he had some kind of special permit, was too busy too care.

I don't know about the head and claws, but I do know it is illegal for anyone other than some Native Americans to be in possession of eagle feathers. If you happen to find a loose feather of an eagle you are supposed to turn it over to the Parks and Wildlife people. Of course just as anything else there are exceptions.