Exclusive: UPS Driver Jumps In To Help Save Teenage Robbery Victim In Chelsea

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Exclusive: UPS Driver Jumps In To Help Save Teenage Robbery Victim In Chelsea - CBS New York

A teenager was left lying in a Manhattan street after being beaten up over his sneakers, and a UPS driver didn’t think twice before jumping in when he saw that teen was in trouble.

The violent attack in Chelsea unfolded on May 14. Video shows two people in black chasing a teenager down to the ground, punching and kicking him before taking off with his Nike Air Force 1s.

But the first person on the scene was not your ordinary responder. This time, a UPS driver delivered a helping hand for the victim and words for the suspects.

“I yelled back, ‘Really? That’s all you want? You wanted his sneakers?'” Christopher McCall told CBS2’s Cory James.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
That kid must be very wealthy to be wearing such expensive footwear that others would resort to robbery and assault?

MrBates

I don't get it? Stealing footwear? Is this a common occurrence?
Thus used to happen all the time while I was growing up in Jamaica, NY. If your wearing nice sneakers or a goose down jacket, and you were walking alone, your just asking to get jumped.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Thus used to happen all the time while I was growing up in Jamaica, NY. If your wearing nice sneakers or a goose down jacket, and you were walking alone, your just asking to get jumped.
Funny, you hear nothing from all these so-called community leaders?