Excused absence

ih8tbrn

Banned
Sick people need to stay home. I can't stand people hacking and coughing all over the place. It's disgusting and if I get sick because of it, then it pisses me off. I'll pick up the slack and probably get some more time because of it.

Braveheart

They can try but if you have a bad year with strep throat, pnuemonia, etc etc it could be real easy to go over sick days. If it is real bad like cancer, failing kidneys, liver, etc etc then get FMLA protection. Call HR and get it. If you are just calling out for flu and stomach virus stuff you may be in real trouble. I like coming to work sick as hell and either getting sent home with approval or letting them explain the over-allowed to their boss when they just should have giving me the day off unpaid in the first place.

Big Babooba

I thought New York is where the Mobsters live and upstate is where they bury the bodies.
Nah, dey bury da bodies in Joisey. Some day when dey tear down da Meadowlands, dey gonna find a lot of missin' people. Or dey send them swimmin wit da fishes wearin a pair of cement shoes. Heck if dey ever dredge the East or Hudson rivers, dey gonna find a lotta cement filled 5 gallon pails and a lotta concrete blocks wit chains on dem.:wink2:

longlunchguy

Runnin on Empty
Sick people need to stay home. I can't stand people hacking and coughing all over the place. It's disgusting and if I get sick because of it, then it pisses me off. I'll pick up the slack and probably get some more time because of it.

It may not be good for the general public but I hate to waste a perfectly good sick day when I don't feel well.:wink2:

A

anonymous6

as commercial drivers , DOT regulations supercedes UPS rules. A driver should not drive a commercial vehicle if impaired. that includes sickness.

just don't abuse it.

Theichii

plan being sick on your one day a year personal holiday that way if you do get "bullied" into coming in to work then you get time and a half the whole day. I plan it on the friday the week my birthday is every year...never had to work once lol

Theichii

i'm sorry you get one time and a half for hours you work plus holiday pay and only if you have the southern supplement...maybe other supplements have it as well