FBI: North Korea responsible for Sony hack

moreluck

golden ticket member
PlantB20141228_low.jpg

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
New Clues In Sony Hack Point To Insiders, Away from DPRK - The Security Ledger

A strong counter-narrative to the official account of the hacking of Sony Pictures Entertainment has emerged in recent days, with the visage of the petulant North Korean dictator, Kim Jong Un, replaced by another, more familiar face: former Sony Pictures employees angry over their firing during a recent reorganization at the company.

Researchers from the security firm Norse allege that their investigation of the hack of Sony has uncovered evidence that leads, decisively, away from North Korea as the source of the attack. Instead, the company alleges that a group of six individuals is behind the hack, at least one a former Sony Pictures Entertainment employee who worked in a technical role and had extensive knowledge of the company’s network and operations.

If true, the allegations by Norse deal a serious blow to the government’s account of the incident, which placed the blame squarely on hackers affiliated with the government of the Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea, or DPRK. That accusation, first aired last week, has been the source of heated rhetoric from both Washington D.C. and Pyongyang, the North Korean capital.

VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy
"From the producers of the 9/11 conspiracy and the director of Iraqi WMD. This summer Sony Pictures and the US Government bring you:

Boner Soup "

Sportello

Banned
See post #24

Also, Sony has found a new marketing strategy. They made more money online that at the theater.

In this day and age, where most of us who have invested in the Obama economy have the biggest HD TV that fits in our living room. We find it more comfortable to sit at home and pay $6 for our whole family to watch a movie, rather than to drive to the Megaplex, take the shuttle across the parking lot and queue up with the unwashed masses who can't put their phones down for 90 minutes, then sit in cramped quarters with some flu carriers and eat overpriced popcorn with people who chew like Tony's avatar. Some might like that experience. Not me.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Hey, my avatar has clean white teeth and chews just fine. Your avatar on the other hand seems to be a better description of what you fear when going out in public. :cheer_up:

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
This is your brain, this is FOX news filing that brain.

trash-chute-300x225.jpg

You do believe rubbish, you just dont understand what Sanitation service is delivering it to you.

TOS.
What a crock. ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, and CNN all fall for the liberal slant. No questioning, just following their masters.
Besides, someone has to tell the truth.

Sportello

Banned
Hey, my avatar has clean white teeth and chews just fine. Your avatar on the other hand seems to be a better description of what you fear when going out in public. :cheer_up:

Does it chew quietly, with it's mouth closed?

My avatar is a cartoon caricature of my user name. Movie coming out soon, be sure to watch it.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Along the lines of @wkmac's post...I'm willing to bet this is a false flag in order to get some variant of SOPA passed. The MPAA knows more than it is letting on.

Who really cares about a crappy (the reviews are not good) movie ?

White House just endorsed CISPA measures, two years after veto threat - ZDnet

The White House unveiled Tuesday an updated cybersecurity information-sharing proposal, which critics quickly likened to a controversial bill that failed in Congress two years ago.

"Given that the White House rightly criticized CISPA in 2013 for potentially facilitating the unnecessary transfer of personal information to the government or other private sector entities when sending cybersecurity threat data, we're concerned that the Administration proposal will unintentionally legitimize the approach taken by these dangerous bills," the Electronic Frontier Foundation said in a statement.

CISPA, the bill officially called the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act, was earlier this week re-introduced to the US House of Representatives with very few changes from its original text when it was introduced two years ago.

Rep. Dutch Ruppersberger (D-MD), who introduced the bill, cited the recent Sony hack as a reason to float the bill's measures again.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
N.S.A. Breached North Korean Networks Before Sony Attack, Officials Say

WASHINGTON — The trail that led American officials to blame North Korea for the destructive cyberattack on Sony Pictures Entertainment in November winds back to 2010, when the National Security Agency scrambled to break into the computer systems of a country considered one of the most impenetrable targets on earth.

Spurred by growing concern about North Korea’s maturing capabilities, the American spy agency drilled into the Chinese networks that connect North Korea to the outside world, picked through connections in Malaysia favored by North Korean hackers and penetrated directly into the North with the help of South Korea and other American allies, according to former United States and foreign officials, computer experts later briefed on the operations and a newly disclosed N.S.A. document.

Mr. Obama’s decision to accuse North Korea of ordering the largest destructive attack against an American target — and to promise retaliation, which has begun in the form of new economic sanctions — was highly unusual: The United States had never explicitly charged another government with mounting a cyberattack on American targets.

Mr. Obama is cautious in drawing stark conclusions from intelligence, aides say. But in this case “he had no doubt,” according to one senior American military official.