Feb 1st Raise

steeltoe

Just think of all the money the company is saving by having part-timers waiting 12 months for benefits and 18 months for their family. This is having to save the company millions of dollars. I see this language keeping away that 30 something part-timer at UPS only for the benefits. I can not see many 30 something guys waiting 18 months for the benefits. That 30 something guy who needs the benefits does not miss work. he or she comes everyday, becuase they know the value of our bebefits. Kiss the productive, half intelligent new hire part-timer good bye. This is why we can hire nothing but kids living with their parents. These kids do not need the benefits, and therefor do not have to have a job. Our hiring pool is a waste pool. 99 out of 100 part-timers we hire do not need the job. This is killing our service to ou8r customers.

sano

Just think of all the money the company is saving by having part-timers waiting 12 months for benefits and 18 months for their family. This is having to save the company millions of dollars. I see this language keeping away that 30 something part-timer at UPS only for the benefits. I can not see many 30 something guys waiting 18 months for the benefits. That 30 something guy who needs the benefits does not miss work. he or she comes everyday, becuase they know the value of our bebefits. Kiss the productive, half intelligent new hire part-timer good bye. This is why we can hire nothing but kids living with their parents. These kids do not need the benefits, and therefor do not have to have a job. Our hiring pool is a waste pool. 99 out of 100 part-timers we hire do not need the job. This is killing our service to ou8r customers.

When I look around my dock, it scares me that today's preloaders are tomorrows service providers.

Raw

Raw Member
If it would help with the layoffs I would give back some of my pay to help my fellow drivers/hub...what do you all think of this?
What I think of it is for the length of the contract we are only recieving 75% of our raise each year, we are already giving back our pay! UPS is saving money with gas prices way down and making money with DHL gone. :peaceful:

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
If anybody should be bitching about the low raises, it's us PTers. Unlike you drivers, we're currently underpaid.

For someone with the same health benefits as myself, HOW ARE YOU UNDERPAID.

The longer you work part-time, the more money you get. 90% of the full-time drivers were "underpaid" part-timers like you. Seniority is what you want and need, not a couple extra quarters in your paycheck. Seniority rules, in good times and bad.

I do agree with TRP, it sucks for a while.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue efficacy
If anybody should be bitching about the low raises, it's us PTers. Unlike you drivers, we're currently underpaid.
I hear ya guy. Hang in there, it'll add up in time.

Brings back memories of working UPS P/T and 2 other part-time jobs...

didn't say fond memories. :knockedout: