Fed-Ex 3rd quarter earnings

johnnyunion

the grandpalooza of all you losers
3rd quarter earnings report will be released after the market closes today 12/19/23

Were you guys busy the 3rd quarter ? Will earnings beat estimates?

bacha29

3rd quarter earnings report will be released after the market closes today 12/19/23

Were you guys busy the 3rd quarter ? Will earnings beat estimates?
It's actually Q2. FDX fiscal year runs from 6-1 to 5-31 Wall Street estimates....$4.19 a share on 22.35 billion in revenue. That's actually down from the $4.55 reported in Q1. The winners are expected to be Freight given the additional volume it picked up from Yellow. It is also expected to show the continued dramatic downsizing of Express with a corresponding reduction in the number of employees . Ground will make gains while at the same time contractors who have no say in the matter whatsoever continue to experience margin compression while under heavy pressure to put even more money at risk ahead of an expected severe downturn in shipping tonnage and rates in 2024 making it even harder for them to stay on the right side of the grass.

But rest assured you won't hear a word out of Raj about that. He's as bad as George Thorogood's landlord....."That don't confront me....Long as I get my money next Friday".

Ouch. They missed top and bottom line and are trading down 6+ percent after hours
Screenshot_20231219-162251.png

zeev

7 quarters in a row of decreasing revenue one of the most important factors is the 1 billion dollar stock buy back for 2024. This helps earnings per share going forward. I think Freddy is going to pump the price higher than bail. Express will likely be dismantled in the coming months.

bacha29

7 quarters in a row of decreasing revenue one of the most important factors is the 1 billion dollar stock buy back for 2024. This helps earnings per share going forward. I think Freddy is going to pump the price higher than bail. Express will likely be dismantled in the coming months.
Express will not disappear completely but it's size will be severely shrunk Many thousands of job long believed secure by those who held them will disappear as well. In their comments they said that they will focus not only on stock buybacks but will build their profits on historically lower margin classes of shipping. Translation:....Contractors... You're going to get fornicated big time while struggling to keep your trucks on the road and contract in compliance in the face ever more rigid and more difficult to fulfill demands.

This earnings earnings miss is without question a huge embarrassment for the company, will target those they believe responsible and inflict their wrath upon them.

zeev

No Express employees all the pressure on contractors, they finally gave up on those idiotic Facebook ads for contractors, most of the comments were laughing at the ads by contractors or people who thought it was an ad for drivers.

johnnyunion

the grandpalooza of all you losers
It's actually Q2. FDX fiscal year runs from 6-1 to 5-31 Wall Street estimates....$4.19 a share on 22.35 billion in revenue. That's actually down from the $4.55 reported in Q1. The winners are expected to be Freight given the additional volume it picked up from Yellow. It is also expected to show the continued dramatic downsizing of Express with a corresponding reduction in the number of employees . Ground will make gains while at the same time contractors who have no say in the matter whatsoever continue to experience margin compression while under heavy pressure to put even more money at risk ahead of an expected severe downturn in shipping tonnage and rates in 2024 making it even harder for them to stay on the right side of the grass.

But rest assured you won't hear a word out of Raj about that. He's as bad as George Thorogood's landlord....."That don't confront me....Long as I get my money next Friday".
Yep, you’re right , Q2 indeed.

yadig

I was told that upper management is blaming it on the frontline managers. My manager is brushing up his resume and looks to be moving on. He’s actually a smart young guy, not what FedEx is looking for anymore.

zeev

Express results were poor margins close to zero, Ground at 10%,Freight at 20% . Express Freight has declined by quite a bit which has carried the profitability for many years. Management will be the first to bail.

bacha29

No Express employees all the pressure on contractors, they finally gave up on those idiotic Facebook ads for contractors, most of the comments were laughing at the ads by contractors or people who thought it was an ad for drivers.
Reports came out yesterday but quickly taken down that at an FXG terminal ( I won't disclose the location) management conducted a surprise vehicle inspection whereby they tagged out of service 74 trucks for various vehicle condition defects.
Keep in mind that they are going to buy back stock in a effort to reduce the number of shares outstanding in order to make operating results look better.
At the same time however they expect to in the end be one step removed from being completely out of the air express business focusing on lower margin ground freight business while at the same time are projected to triple their earnings per share in 5 years Expect them to drive harder bargains and take measures that up to that point would not have been expected in order to accomplish that feat.

Given the news if you're a nonunion employee or a heavily leveraged contractor especially one operating in a slow growing or economically depressed area you might want to think about vacating this sector of the economy the moment exit terms you could live with comes along.

Artee

Express results were poor margins close to zero, Ground at 10%,Freight at 20% . Express Freight has declined by quite a bit which has carried the profitability for many years. Management will be the first to bail.
Remember a handful of years back when the ground margins were 17-20%+ and were carrying the Express side. Back then Express had like a 4-5% margin and they wanted to be seeing 10%. For 20 years Express has been counting on that postal contract to help keep Express alive. Looks like USPS might be bailing and moving their mail with others. In January our ramp is losing 1 of our two inbound planes and possibly dropping down to the smallest 757 for our outbound. Three years ago out outbound was an MD-11.