Fed EX Working Hours

HomeDelivery

that's incorrect; the contractor is paying for a uniform allowance annually whether they need new ones or not!

Express is a different story since they're cutting corners just to save a few dollars

bbsam

Staff member
Well thats good to know. All we ever get is I cant afford it from him and he hasnt paid for them from management. You would think if they want us representing FedEx and looking professional they would hand out uniforms every 6months and ask for old ones back,

Again. Your contractor does not know what is going on.

FedEx2000

that's incorrect; the contractor is paying for a uniform allowance annually whether they need new ones or not!

Express is a different story since they're cutting corners just to save a few dollars

Uniform orders are more scrutinized at Express now, but I have yet to get one denied. If your manager is telling you they can't order any they are either lying or being told not to order by their Sr./Director, which is a stupid way to save a few bucks.

FedExer267

You would think if they are making deductions for uniforms they would also include jackets in that cost. FedEx has no problem jumping down our throats when we wear our own jackets because its cold. I dont know about the rest of you but I personally do not make enough to buy my own FedEx jacket. Even if I did make enough if its part of the uniform should it not be supplied? They can yell all they want I am not freezing for them.

bbsam

Staff member
You would think if they are making deductions for uniforms they would also include jackets in that cost. FedEx has no problem jumping down our throats when we wear our own jackets because its cold. I dont know about the rest of you but I personally do not make enough to buy my own FedEx jacket. Even if I did make enough if its part of the uniform should it not be supplied? They can yell all they want I am not freezing for them.

You don't have to. The contractor already bought the coat.

HomeDelivery

You don't have to. The contractor already bought the coat.

agree, don't you get it? the driver doesn't pay for it, your contractor / boss does with a (weekly/monthly/annually?) deduction already!

all he has to do is give you the uniform order form and you fill it out; he then hands it over to management/ secretary and they'll go ahead and place the order!

Express, is different; so they don't apply here

FedExer267

Thats good to know I will have to bring that up in my building then. All I am saying is we have alot of guys running around with out a FedEx jacket. When we ask for them we are told we have to buy them. That comes directly from management. I am hard pressed to believe that things would run that diffrently out here on the West.
Yes I do get it. Just telling you what they are dishing to us.

bbsam

Staff member
Thats good to know I will have to bring that up in my building then. All I am saying is we have alot of guys running around with out a FedEx jacket. When we ask for them we are told we have to buy them. That comes directly from management. I am hard pressed to believe that things would run that diffrently out here on the West.
When are you going to start believing me when I keep telling you they are dishing you crap. Stop eating it!:happy-very::peaceful:

FedExer267

Well bbsam it would be nice to have a Contractor that new what was up. Mine kinda reminds me of that old cartoon character cant remember his name but the one that was always duh which way did he go aha aha aha which way did he go aha aha aha.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

"That comes directly from management". That would be FedEx management, and not the contractor. Very telling.

cracker1957

All the ground drivers I know are hard working, personable people. Why they are not applying at Express is beyond me, heck, we're hiring. I got on board by just getting on the website and filling out the questionnaire.
Most ground drivers cannot afford to walk away from their service areas. There is too much money invested and unless you get lucky enough to find someone who has the funding you are stuck.