Fedex Driver not Guilty of Murder....

Indecisi0n

It's a dumb legal point that implies a duty to run away in a situation in which you have every legal right to remain. Thankfully my state isn't one of those backwards states that considers such a stupid point when the bad guy rightfully gets a one way trip to the morgue.

The FedEx guy had every right to verbally confront the guy. To argue otherwise is foolish.
I agree. I even heard of home owners shooting Intruders as they flead the house and then were charged because the threat was moving away from them and they themselves could have also turned away. It's crazy.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I agree. I even heard of home owners shooting Intruders as they flead the house and then were charged because the threat was moving away from them and they themselves could have also turned away. It's crazy.

You should be charged if you shoot someone who is running away from you. I'm sure there are some one-in-a-million circumstances that might warrant such an action, but there's typically no excuse to shoot a fleeing person.

Indecisi0n

You should be charged if you shoot someone who is running away from you. I'm sure there are some one-in-a-million circumstances that might warrant such an action, but there's typically no excuse to shoot a fleeing person.
Just too many variables involved. Now I have to be concerned about shooting someone who has broken into my house. What if I shot him and there was a door or window behind me where I could have flead? I am sure fear would paralyze most people. Me personally the last thing I would do is turn my back on an intruder.

59 Dano

Just too many variables involved. Now I have to be concerned about shooting someone who has broken into my house.

I don't, as long as I don't shoot him in the back.

What if I shot him and there was a door or window behind me where I could have flead? I am sure fear would paralyze most people.

Paralyzed from pure fear? Yes. Paralyzed from fear of making a poor decision based on the finer points of law? No.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
It’s wrong to shoot a fleeing felon under any circumstances........unless he calls you a Boofhead, then you’re perfectly justified in pumping every bit of lead you’ve got into him. :gunsmilie

fatboy33

It's a dumb legal point that implies a duty to run away in a situation in which you have every legal right to remain. Thankfully my state isn't one of those backwards states that considers such a stupid point when the bad guy rightfully gets a one way trip to the morgue.

The FedEx guy had every right to verbally confront the guy. To argue otherwise is foolish.
Someone check if Hell is freezing over. I agree with Dano lol.

Exec32

If what is described is true then the driver was justified. However, X is not.
He was on the clock, performing his job. Fedex has policies to guide your conduct and performance.
X will get sued. And they will lose.
Disagree? Does X have a conduct policy? Yes. Does the employee represent X, yes. What procedure of X directs an employee to strike a person? Hmmmmm.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
He was on the clock, performing his job. Fedex has policies to guide your conduct and performance.
Disagree? Does X have a conduct policy? Yes. Does the employee represent X, yes. What procedure of X directs an employee to strike a person? Hmmmmm.
Dude was Ground, not an employee of FedEx.

Cap the bottle and call it a night, guy.

59 Dano

johnny_-_lawyer.jpg

LOL. Even Calhoun can't believe how daft you are.

The argument to be made would be that the company's policies encouraged acts of violence or didn't do enough to prevent them. If lucky enough to overcome the burden of proof to establish either (which wouldn't happen), you're still stuck with the fact THAT HE WAS JUSTIFIED AND WHAT HE DID WAS LEGAL. They aren't going to be found at fault for an act that the legal system has already declared was legal.

You are venturing into a level of legal stupidity that ranks right up there with the sovereign citizen idiocy.

Meat

I live in Florida and have gunned down three people on three separate occasions without being charged for any crimes.

My secret?

It’s called “stand your ground”; just say “he’s coming right for me” before you start throwing your guns in the air, and buck, buck, bucking like you just don’t care.

The last time I shot someone was at a two star hotel (Fedex interline), and another person was reaching for the last donut at the free breakfast buffet.

I yelled out “he’s coming right at me,” and shot his ass.

After the police arrived, they asked me if he was “coming right at me.” I informed them that he was, and I was allowed to enjoy the last donut that was rightly mine under state law.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I live in Florida and have gunned down three people on three separate occasions without being charged for any crimes.

My secret?

It’s called “stand your ground”; just say “he’s coming right for me” before you start throwing your guns in the air, and buck, buck, bucking like you just don’t care.

The last time I shot someone was at a two star hotel (Fedex interline), and another person was reaching for the last donut at the free breakfast buffet.

I yelled out “he’s coming right at me,” and shot his ass.

After the police arrived, they asked me if he was “coming right at me.” I informed them that he was, and I was allowed to enjoy the last donut that was rightly mine under state law.
Ironically, this is the most intelligent of your posts I’ve read.

Meat

Ironically, this is the most intelligent of your posts I’ve read.

Oh, I don’t know about that.

I thought my holiday destroy package post was pretty good.

I based the fight on the below scene from Deadwood (the new movie comes out this spring - woot woot!)

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I don’t believe I have ever actually heard anyone say “woot woot!”, I’ve just seen it written a bunch.

I just said it out loud into the air to see if it sounded even vaguely familiar at all, and it didn’t. In fact I think I actually embarrassed myself just a little. :blushing:

Woot woot!

Exec32

johnny_-_lawyer.jpg

LOL. Even Calhoun can't believe how daft you are.

The argument to be made would be that the company's policies encouraged acts of violence or didn't do enough to prevent them. If lucky enough to overcome the burden of proof to establish either (which wouldn't happen), you're still stuck with the fact THAT HE WAS JUSTIFIED AND WHAT HE DID WAS LEGAL. They aren't going to be found at fault for an act that the legal system has already declared was legal.

You are venturing into a level of legal stupidity that ranks right up there with the sovereign citizen idiocy.
Obviously you dont understand liability. Unfortunately people that work for you dont either Because of that events happen that open up the opportunity for lawsuits.
Before you continue to expose your ignorance I would advise you to research that.
Fedex will be sued. You will keep bei g rheir cheerleadear.

59 Dano

Obviously you dont understand liability.

Oh, I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Unfortunately people that work for you dont either Because of that events happen that open up the opportunity for lawsuits.
Before you continue to expose your ignorance I would advise you to research that.
Fedex will be sued. You will keep bei g rheir cheerleadear.

Don't deny that they'll probably be sued. They'll win. The employee didn't do anything wrong and there's nothing for the employer to be responsible for.