fedex home delivery

spitt2000

These guys are hiring service managers in my area, anybody hear any pos. or neg? I have never heard of this, is it part of fedex ground? Any info on fedex sup's would be helpful

HD is part of Ground in that they utilize the ground network to get the freight through the system. In many cities however, HD has sort facilities completely separate from ground terminals and hubs. To give you insight into the service manager position, I have have been doing it for several months now and like anything there is good and bad. I am an ex UPSer, and I worked as a handler for ground for about a year and a half. All I can say is that I miss the dock. FT service managers start at about 34,000, and it varies from region to region. As a PT manager, I make about 17 a year, and I always work over the 25 hours that I am paid for. Keep in mind this is for ground, HD might be different. One thing I do not like about most of the service managers is that a very high percentage of them never worked as package handlers, which impedes them from truly understanding the operation. If I could do it over again, I would have gone express. There are no independent contractors to deal with (which is a massive headache) and there operations tend to be run better on a whole. This is just my impression, but it gives you a perspective not often heard on this board. It really comes down to what you want to do. I hope this helps, feel free to ask me whatever you like.