FedEx is just another company that has surrendered to indolence (just like the general public).

bbsam

Staff member
Affirmative Action has spread over the whole workplace. First it started with race, then gender, then spread thru every group of humans real or imagined.

There are few if any standards anymore. If a company tries to encourage of enforce higher standards they are threatened witha lawsuit.

What are companies supposed to do in these cases?

It's happening at UPS also. Standards lowered. No one caring.

It's a race to the bottom.
I doubt that nobody caring has to do with affirmative action. Has more to do with folks can make as much or more for doing less difficult work.

Capitalism does not value the work delivery drivers do. At least not yet.

It will be fine

You really think express would put their most important freight in the hands of ground and it’s employees ?
I think express will keep the actual priority volume as well as international shipments. They’ll contract out the rest because it’s cheaper and they desperately need to cut costs.

Gone fishin

I think express will keep the actual priority volume as well as international shipments. They’ll contract out the rest because it’s cheaper and they desperately need to cut cos
I think express will keep the actual priority volume as well as international shipments. They’ll contract out the rest because it’s cheaper and they desperately need to cut costs.
And standard and two day , so basically what we have now. Ground fired a big contractor in our area evidently and some companies are no longer allowed to ship ground because it’s a complete disaster. So ….. who knows

Mutineer

Capitalism does not value the work delivery drivers do. At least not yet.
That's cuz electronic technology has mostly cast that occupation to the realm of stooge, idiot, transient labor.

Although this isn't ideal; it's proven to be good enough to keep the shareholders happy, and consumers reliant on online shopping.

The delivery industry will be in peril only when they run out of stooges, idiots, and those who are luckless and desperate for any paycheck.

It will be fine

And standard and two day , so basically what we have now. Ground fired a big contractor in our area evidently and some companies are no longer allowed to ship ground because it’s a complete disaster. So ….. who knows
I don’t believe Ground service levels in your market will be a limiting factor to the transition. I think the only hold up right now is the back end tech integration. It’s not going to be basically what you have now, it’s going to be significant to cut costs significantly.

yadig

I don’t believe Ground service levels in your market will be a limiting factor to the transition. I think the only hold up right now is the back end tech integration. It’s not going to be basically what you have now, it’s going to be significant to cut costs significantly.
If express continues moving volume to ground it will be with a large amount of service failures. You guys don’t seem to comprehend commit times.

bacha29

FedEx most definitely they could care less about service.
It's like I told a guy who was waaaing about FDX Ground service. "There's cheap and then there's economical....and right now we're just cheap".

The type of freight X wants to dump onto Ground is a much more professional type of freight than traditional Ground box and while it's not at the top of the priority scale compared to the one or two other classes Express will hold onto it still has some measure of priority.

Now driving for a contractor is nothing more than transitional employment. A job between jobs. Just something to tide you over until that real honest to goodness job that you can be proud of and take a genuine interest in opens up. As a result during the time they are holding that job there is simply no reason for them to care about what they look like, smell like or act like. And even less about what time the box gets there or what condition it's in.

Now if Raj and the boys think that this new pseudo Express driver is going to be an exact copy of the real Express driver or at the least close enough that nobody will notice....then they have been seriously mislead.

yadig

It's like I told a guy who was waaaing about FDX Ground service. "There's cheap and then there's economical....and right now we're just cheap".

The type of freight X wants to dump onto Ground is a much more professional type of freight than traditional Ground box and while it's not at the top of the priority scale compared to the one or two other classes Express will hold onto it still has some measure of priority.

Now driving for a contractor is nothing more than transitional employment. A job between jobs. Just something to tide you over until that real honest to goodness job that you can be proud of and take a genuine interest in opens up. As a result during the time they are holding that job there is simply no reason for them to care about what they look like, smell like or act like. And even less about what time the box gets there or what condition it's in.

Now if Raj and the boys think that this new pseudo Express driver is going to be an exact copy of the real Express driver or at the least close enough that nobody will notice....then they have been seriously mislead.
Brings to mind a holler in Alabama! 😂

yadig

Express talks a good game anymore. They SAY service is important but their actions say otherwise. I believe in actions, not words. One of the reasons I retired was because I was embarrassed to work for Express anymore. Delivering same day lates and next day lates all the time got really old.
Express is trying to get customers ready for the contractor take over. You think we have lates now… it’s gonna get baaad!

Serf

Affirmative Action has spread over the whole workplace. First it started with race, then gender, then spread thru every group of humans real or imagined.

There are few if any standards anymore. If a company tries to encourage of enforce higher standards they are threatened witha lawsuit.

What are companies supposed to do in these cases?

It's happening at UPS also. Standards lowered. No one caring.

It's a race to the bottom.
Companies are incentivized to hire any thing that fits a minority group whatsoever. They get paid for it.