FedEx to give employees bonuses, raises, 401k

Oldfart

I went to the road race at Watkins Glen and was bored to death.
Not a road course fan myself. You need to try anything other than that. This weekend in Bristol will be a fun race to attend. The race is only part of the fun. The prerace activities and the fan zone areas add to the fun. We always upgrade our tickets and get in the pits and the garage area. The prerace concerts are usually pretty good also.

old levi's

blank space
Jeez. Why don’t yall leave the man alone? If that’s how he chooses to live, good for him. It’s his life. It’s working for him. Everyone isn’t cut out for the white picket fence life. As long as he and his wife are good with it, that’s all that matters.

what's a wife, someone you are married to?

Last edited:

cryssyx3

Not a road course fan myself. You need to try anything other than that. This weekend in Bristol will be a fun race to attend. The race is only part of the fun. The prerace activities and the fan zone areas add to the fun. We always upgrade our tickets and get in the pits and the garage area. The prerace concerts are usually pretty good also.

you have any interest in Indycar?

vantexan

Um, you do realize that non-rednecks, who happen to be over the age of 11, might not be all that impressed with your NASCAR/Disney lifestyle. Personally, I couldn’t think of a more horrid way to spend a weekend.

Poor Van made choices based on the fact that he doesn’t have the wherewithal to compete within the context of a capitalist society, which limits his economic prospects.

You profess to have some money (relatively speaking), and yet you still choose to engage in “mongoloid culture.” - pretty sad.
My stepmother got cancer shortly after I started college and my going was putting a burden on the family with sudden expenses. So I left. I've been competing just fine ever since. My "wherewithal?" I never aspired to go into management although I was encouraged to. I loved and still love travel. And how many people do you know who would've even thought of doing what I've done moving overseas? My wherewithal allows me to figure out how things work in a foreign language and culture. You are determined to put it in a negative light but I assure you, and millions of Americans overseas know what I'm saying, it's anything but negative. I'm where I want to be, and am not limited to one place. Next year I'm thinking Colombia. Two months from now Armenia. With an income and cheap transportation costs I can explore. If I want I can stay indefinitely here. If going to a job a lot of people despise to have things is your thing more power to you. I'd rather see the world.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I can get as much out of a race by watching the last 3 minutes as I can by watching all of it (assuming I don't fall asleep).

Road courses have about 10 seconds of action and 50 seconds of sitting there waiting for them to come back around.

I had won a sales lead contest and was given a weekend at the track. I tried to give it away but was told that I had to go. Truth be told, we had more fun in town the day before than at the race; in fact, we left early to avoid all of the traffic.

Serf

I admit, I laughed out loud when I heard "Mongoloid culture." Even though it's a little dated. Like calling Black folks, "colored." A word also used to describe East Asians. Also as of late, people with Downs Syndrome.

Oldfart

If outsourcing wasn't cheap, there won't be any sense in outsourcing, but it's popularity is only growing. Especially when it comes to IT sphere, web developers from 3rd world countries earn less money than US, Canadian and British collegues.
That's why you always want to be able to touch a box at Express. Any other function CAN be outsourced and many are with more to come.