Feeder Driver question.

DoctorMario

Ok im a part timer and I want to go into being a full time feeder driver. My question is do I have to be a package car driver first before I can do feeders or can I go straight into feeder driver if I sign the bid list. Thanks in advance.

fres431

It's possible to go straight into feeders if no package car drivers want feeders then it goes to highest seniority part timer that signed list

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
The bidding procedure varies around the country. Either let us know what regional supplement to the Teamsters contract you fall under; or better yet, check around locally with HR &/or your shop steward. It is probably also on UPSers.com

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Ok im a part timer and I want to go into being a full time feeder driver. My question is do I have to be a package car driver first before I can do feeders or can I go straight into feeder driver if I sign the bid list. Thanks in advance.

HAVE to? No. Full time drivers will get first dibs, however when it comes time to fill the feeder bids.
Say your hub wants 35 feeder drivers, and 20 FT drivers sign it. The remaining 15 would then MOST LIKELY be put up for bid by Part time employees. It's not common, but it's not unheard of, either

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Use to be you had to go into package or be full time. They have been hiring part timers and off the street here lately, but I feel it is starting to slow down. Sign it anyways. Try to get into package while you can because I have a feeling after they reach the limit on the drivers they need this will never happen again, so you might as well jump into package while you can. You should be signing everything that comes out anyways even if you don't want it.