feeling abused and not sure what happens after holidays

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I started working in August as a full time driver and was told after 60 days, we all become UPS employees and our probation is over. Well, that never happened. Instead, we're told, they're going to make a decision after the holidays. I've been busting my ass working almost 50+ hours a week with no days off and everything is so up in the air right now. I honestly think they're looking for excuses to get rid of me by intentionally :censored2:ing up my truck, throwing boxes everywhere and giving me packages on purpose outside of my route so I finish late and then have to get yelled at upon returning. Man, the :censored2:ing job is easy, its just that this company beyond toxic and :censored2:ed up. Is it possible, that after busting my ass, the last 4 months with the expectation of becoming a ups employee with actual days off and vacation that they could just throw some of us away? I mean, I know the obvious quick answer is going to be OF COURSE THEY CAN DO WHATEVER THEY WANT. I've been in no accidents, never missed a day in the last four months, NEVER SAID NO TO ANYTHING, but yet I feel like it was all for nothing. Has anyone gone through this mental torture with this company during your first 4 or 5 months? YES, I DO COME BACK LATE SOMETIMES BECAUSE THEY @#$@#$@$ UP gosh darn TRUCK SOMETIMES, THROWING BOXES ALL OVER THE PLACE THAT IT TAKES ME TIME ORGANIZE IT. I SWEAR TO GOD, I THINK THEY DO THIS ON PURPOSE. MY TRUCK THE OTHER DAY WAS AN ABSOLUTE ABOMINATION THAT YOU LITERALLY HAD TO SCREW IT UP ON PURPOSE. TOOK ME FOREVER TO FIND ANY PACKAGES SO YEAH, I WAS LATE A FEW TIMES. THERE IS ZERO ACCOUNTABILITY ON ANY OF THE PACKAGE HANDLERS, ITS SO ANNOYING. SOMETIMES I THINK THE MANAGERS PURPOSELY GO IN THERE AND TELL THEM TO MESS IT UP WHICH IS EVEN WORSE.
The company used you and threw you out when they were done. Happens all the time so don't feel bad. I would bet the sups were lying to you so you would not quit before peak was over.

11143023XrAjkoWI.gif

turtlebee

I started working in August as a full time driver and was told after 60 days, we all become UPS employees and our probation is over. Well, that never happened. Instead, we're told, they're going to make a decision after the holidays. I've been busting my ass working almost 50+ hours a week with no days off and everything is so up in the air right now. I honestly think they're looking for excuses to get rid of me by intentionally :censored2:ing up my truck, throwing boxes everywhere and giving me packages on purpose outside of my route so I finish late and then have to get yelled at upon returning. Man, the :censored2:ing job is easy, its just that this company beyond toxic and :censored2:ed up. Is it possible, that after busting my ass, the last 4 months with the expectation of becoming a ups employee with actual days off and vacation that they could just throw some of us away? I mean, I know the obvious quick answer is going to be OF COURSE THEY CAN DO WHATEVER THEY WANT. I've been in no accidents, never missed a day in the last four months, NEVER SAID NO TO ANYTHING, but yet I feel like it was all for nothing. Has anyone gone through this mental torture with this company during your first 4 or 5 months? YES, I DO COME BACK LATE SOMETIMES BECAUSE THEY @#$@#$@$ UP gosh darn TRUCK SOMETIMES, THROWING BOXES ALL OVER THE PLACE THAT IT TAKES ME TIME ORGANIZE IT. I SWEAR TO GOD, I THINK THEY DO THIS ON PURPOSE. MY TRUCK THE OTHER DAY WAS AN ABSOLUTE ABOMINATION THAT YOU LITERALLY HAD TO SCREW IT UP ON PURPOSE. TOOK ME FOREVER TO FIND ANY PACKAGES SO YEAH, I WAS LATE A FEW TIMES. THERE IS ZERO ACCOUNTABILITY ON ANY OF THE PACKAGE HANDLERS, ITS SO ANNOYING. SOMETIMES I THINK THE MANAGERS PURPOSELY GO IN THERE AND TELL THEM TO MESS IT UP WHICH IS EVEN WORSE.
Well let me tell you something, I worked at ups as a package handler and believe me they abuse the package handlers too, this is gonna sound totally bias but I can't help it I'm still in disbelief. I started working there on a Tuesday the very first day they had me with very minimum training filling up two tucks full of heavy boxes and the trucks were just packed, that even me and my "trainer" couldn't keep up, (this wasn't rush season) next day I was doing 3 and then 4 then 5 trucks no help at all! I am a small woman and I was busting my ass to keep up, the very next week they hire new people, this new guy started with one truck! ONE! a very empty one as well while I was doing 5, I still continue working cuz the hours helped my schedule cuz I have small children, then they move me to load a trailer that even other workers where telling management that it was friend@#$ed up that they were gonna move me there and the workers said ' just remember your back is more important " next week came and they move me once again to some other trucks 3 this time and apparently I was having misload and no one told me anything, management spent most of the time being loud and literally talking Sh1t on the new employees on purpose it was beyond ridiculous, I'm not a complainer so I just kept doing the best I could even tho it was pretty obvious the preference over some employees one day I showed up and they wanted to have a "talk" with be over my missloading even tho I was unaware of it. Believe me if they mistreated you they mistreated EVERYONE! I am still in disbelief how a company so full of Sh1t people still successful.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Well let me tell you something, I worked at ups as a package handler and believe me they abuse the package handlers too, this is gonna sound totally bias but I can't help it I'm still in disbelief. I started working there on a Tuesday the very first day they had me with very minimum training filling up two tucks full of heavy boxes and the trucks were just packed, that even me and my "trainer" couldn't keep up, (this wasn't rush season) next day I was doing 3 and then 4 then 5 trucks no help at all! I am a small woman and I was busting my ass to keep up, the very next week they hire new people, this new guy started with one truck! ONE! a very empty one as well while I was doing 5, I still continue working cuz the hours helped my schedule cuz I have small children, then they move me to load a trailer that even other workers where telling management that it was friend@#$ed up that they were gonna move me there and the workers said ' just remember your back is more important " next week came and they move me once again to some other trucks 3 this time and apparently I was having misload and no one told me anything, management spent most of the time being loud and literally talking Sh1t on the new employees on purpose it was beyond ridiculous, I'm not a complainer so I just kept doing the best I could even tho it was pretty obvious the preference over some employees one day I showed up and they wanted to have a "talk" with be over my missloading even tho I was unaware of it. Believe me if they mistreated you they mistreated EVERYONE! I am still in disbelief how a company so full of Sh1t people still successful.

Did you just come here to whine or do you have something to say?