Few Questions

gdm123

hey everybody i just had a few questions about being a driver....what time does everyone usually start their shift and what time do you usually get home at night? and....once you reach top pay do you still get a once a year raise?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We are so busy that they have provided us with showers and cots in our locker room for those of us who don't have time to go home between shifts.

Seriously, we start at 8:50 (8:30 on Mondays) and the first of our drivers usually return starting at 4:30 and the last few straggle in around 7:30-8:00.

Yes, you will still receive the yearly (actually split raises in a cost-saving effort) raises after you reach top pay.

brownrodster

8:30 start. Finish time ? Well I don't know. Depends on what route I'm doing and how well I know it and how heavy it is. Usually finish betweek 6:30-8:00. Rarely will you ever know what time you are going to finish... Unless you are on a bid route with an accurate stop count!

Big Babooba

hey everybody i just had a few questions about being a driver....what time does everyone usually start their shift and what time do you usually get home at night? and....once you reach top pay do you still get a once a year raise?
Early....Late....Yes:happy-very:

On Mondays we start @ 8:45 and get out of the building right away, the rest of the week it's 9:15 start and usually 9:40-9:50 before we are finished with loading air to leave the building. Let me tell ya, that causes all sorts of problems throughout the day. Just recently, because of the late departure time, I had to break off of deliveries to deadhead to another town 15 miles away to meet another driver to get my out going air to him and then dead head back to finish my resi deliveries. This and couple of closed noon-1300 businesses that I had to return to turned what should have been a 1930 return to building time into a 2100 finished work day. I'm tellin ya that sux.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Trpl- I hear that. The route that I am on covers 2 different towns. I can't leave my first town until I get my business done and my last couple of business are clo for lunch, so I have to get them before noon or I am stuck until after 1. Unfortunately, I also have businesses in the next town and some of those (post office/school) close early. If I pick up air in the second town then I have to deadhead to a drop point. At least my drop isn't 15 miles away. When I get it out late it complicates things all the way down the line. I do have a good preloader and he is usually wrapped up by start time. My biggest complaint is that mgt doesn't even consider that, when we get out late, it snow balls all day long.
At the end of the day I have to go back to my first town and finish up resi del.