Filed a grievance to get on 3 year progression. What are my chances?

MangoMango

So I filed my grievance stating that I should be on a 3 year progression for the simple fact that there was no other contract in existence when I was hired as a FT driver. To support my case I am going to bring up the fact that every other agreement was in effect(discipline, 9.5, etc) under an extension of the old contract, so how can UPS not honor the 3 year progression?

BrownTexas

So I filed my grievance stating that I should be on a 3 year progression for the simple fact that there was no other contract in existence when I was hired as a FT driver. To support my case I am going to bring up the fact that every other agreement was in effect(discipline, 9.5, etc) under an extension of the old contract, so how can UPS not honor the 3 year progression?
I became full time during the negotiations but since I was paid for a retro check that started on August 1, 2013. My progression also got changed on August 1,2013. So I am under the 4 year progression.

I agree that you were hired under an extension of the previous contract. Good Luke with it.
Luke I am your father
image.jpg

Zero to none.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Did you and all of your coworkers get their back pay for the very time period you are referencing?
I think I may have just made the company's case for them.
I'm afraid you are chasing windmills.

upschuck

You would then have to repay difference that you are making in the new contract. If you win, they may want it in a very short period of time, making you work for free for several weeks. I doubt you will win, though.

BrownTexas

My BA told me it wasn't a winnable grievance last year when I was wishing on rainbows. But who knows. Maybe waiting a year later will change things. If I had to bet I would put everything I have on not winning. Even if it took everything I have to win $1.