Filing unemployment

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Simply put...

And being technical so there's no confusion...

Basically...

You are employed, by definition.

Technically unemployment is not an option.

Hope this helps.

upschuck

Someone told a coworker to do that. I think he said you have to do it everyday that you didn't work. May be state dependent, though.

upschuck

Racist!

They call it a layoff but if it were a true layoff you'd have to be rehired.
Tomato, tomato. lol. Doesn't work so good in written form.

Don't know the specifics, but a union somebody told him to file, if he wanted to. Had to file everyday he was off. All I know on the subject.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Unemployment is for layoffs, too. Just a short lived one, at ups.

There's truth in that.

But its going to be for more than the day like the op requested.

Then...

We really dont know his title, supplement and wording.

He might be a pt ft temp seasonal on call type.

Even filing for a day here and there would probably waste more time in the end.

quad decade guy

If you report to work you have an Hourly Guarantee,The End. If denied your guarantee File a grievance. It's very simple
You mean if you "punch in"? Reporting and clocking in/start work are two different things.

Here, if you punch in full time and make it into your start time, you are guaranteed 8 hours so forth.

Unpaid days off happened a couple days a week for me in pkg. Was asked many, many times if I wanted to go home...always coded "layoff" on the WOR. I would think being forced to go home is the same. Seniority and all that.

Here we are honored a start time.....nothing else....even though you have a bid job....they could make you sweep trailers all night.....instead of haul them.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
You mean if you "punch in"? Reporting and clocking in/start work are two different things.

Here, if you punch in full time and make it into your start time, you are guaranteed 8 hours so forth.

Unpaid days off happened a couple days a week for me in pkg. Was asked many, many times if I wanted to go home...always coded "layoff" on the WOR. I would think being forced to go home is the same. Seniority and all that.

Here we are honored a start time.....nothing else....even though you have a bid job....they could make you sweep trailers all night.....instead of haul them.
You are a full time employee, you are guaranteed 8hrs a day, 5 days a week.

The End

If company wants to deny that fact file. If your local is so weak as to not get you paid, file for unemployment.

Back From Break
friend you report to work you have an Hourly Guarantee,The End. If denied your guarantee File a grievance. It's very simple

Not in the Central.

Correct. If scheduled to work, and then report to work, you are guaranteed 6 hours if they send you home and 8 hours if they put you to work.

If you are not scheduled to work, and then show up, you get nothing.

You are a full time employee, you are guaranteed 8hrs a day, 5 days a week.

The End

Not in the Central.

I meant exactly what i said, and thanks for scoring a point for my side

You can say and mean all you want. That does not make you right.

You lost points on this one for those in the Central, and probably a few other Supplements also.