22.2 grievance victory!

team player

Today Local 92 was victorious stopping the company from adding outside driving work to a 22.2 bid. After a recent retirement of a 22.2 full time inside job the company tried to add early am driving duties to the bid, it was immediately grieved by the steward and after a 3-month stall tactic by the company, today the agreed they were in the wrong and will repost the job with no outside driving duties. Company was trying to eliminate a 22.3s combo job by adding driving duties to the 22.2. 22.2 jobs are protected full time inside jobs that must be maintained, so if this is happening in your local file on it and stop the company from combining 22.3 work to full time inside positions.

10:30 resi

Carol being Carol again, and doing Carol stuff.
IMG-20240316-WA0001.jpg

team player

Today Local 92 was victorious stopping the company from adding outside driving work to a 22.2 bid. After a recent retirement of a 22.2 full time inside job the company tried to add early am driving duties to the bid, it was immediately grieved by the steward and after a 3-month stall tactic by the company, today the agreed they were in the wrong and will repost the job with no outside driving duties. Company was trying to eliminate a 22.3s combo job by adding driving duties to the 22.2. 22.2 jobs are protected full time inside jobs that must be maintained, so if this is happening in your local file on it and stop the company from combining 22.3 work to full time inside positions.
This place never surprises me; after stopping the company from adding air work to a 22.2 bid now they are bringing in package car drivers 3 1/2 hours before their start time to run EAM's. So instead of using the bid 22.3 drivers who are present available and qualified to do their work (it's in their bid) they are paying package car drivers 1 1/2 their hourly rate to do this work. Needless to say, a grievance was filed on multiple article violations and pay. I'm sure this will be resolved in a timely manner!

Thebrownblob

This place never surprises me; after stopping the company from adding air work to a 22.2 bid now they are bringing in package car drivers 3 1/2 hours before their start time to run EAM's. So instead of using the bid 22.3 drivers who are present available and qualified to do their work (it's in their bid) they are paying package car drivers 1 1/2 their hourly rate to do this work. Needless to say, a grievance was filed on multiple article violations and pay. I'm sure this will be resolved in a timely manner!
If 22.3 is present and available, what are they doing? Preload? Are they receiving less pay?