finished my interview, what now?

helenofcalifornia

Are you going to be driving full time? Are you going to be considered a permanent driver or is this just a cover driver? Or, are you somehow being hired permanently by being considered an "outside hire?" Dude, you weren't kidding about being on the fast track. Congrats to you and your family.

drewed

Shankman
talk to us when you actually are a ft driver, get through your first peak and a couple years on your belt; until then I don't want to hear from you and I won't be holding my breath that you'll make it. You don't know UPS, you don't know what its like to drive (have a route of your own) so please don't act like you do. People like you get a sour taste in their mouth when UPS doesn't deal them the hand they think they're going to get

bellesotico

BOXstar
talk to us when you actually are a ft driver
,get through your first peak and a couple years on your belt; until then I don't want to hear from you and I won't be holding my breath that you'll make it. You don't know UPS, you don't know what its like to drive (have a route of your own) so please don't act like you do. People like you get a sour taste in their mouth when UPS doesn't deal them the hand they think they're going to get

#1. Who is us? The members of BC? Management? BBAG has just as much right to express his desire to succeed as anyone else does.

#2 I've found that the ignore function works quite well, unless the person you are ignoring is quoted.
"I wont be holding my breath that you'll make it." Ah yes..the real deal. This is the management quote you should have posted. All though I got a good laugh from your other one...yeah.

#3 Oh and now all of a sudden you are a driver? You drive? You have a route of your own? You know what it's like to drive?

If you're gonna piss on BBAG's wheaties...learn how to aim.

One thing I have learned in 20+ years at UPS is that unless it is in INK and is only what you have been told, don't put all your money on it happening. I have seen many a person(not me) promised the moon to later find out that the moon was only management showing butt crack.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

One thing I have learned in 20+ years at UPS is that unless it is in INK and is only what you have been told, don't put all your money on it happening. I have seen many a person(not me) promised the moon to later find out that the moon was only management showing butt crack.

Most thoughtful post in the thread.

Lobofan5

Congrats if thats true..but expect someone to file a greivance pretty fast if in fact they are offering you a permanant full time driving position. If its just a summer position, you can bet that thats what it will be..a summer position.

UPS giveth..UPS taketh away.

sx2700

Banned
Tomorrow, when I go in, I'll tell HR and my Div Mngr that I will decline the INTEGRAD training they have me scheduled for in August. I'll tell them "But the smart people on the board said it was wrong". I'm sure they will understand.

I'm driving full time in August.

Now, there are a few people on this board I respect, admire, and appreciate. They know who they are, as we have had private messages, IMs, chats off the board, and one of my favorite suggestions was to take the high road with the bitter old timers, not to stoop to their level of negativity.

So I won't tell you the size of the smile on my face right this second; I won't tell you how I am giggling like a schoolgirl at the above. And I won't tell you I told you so.

I most CERTAINLY would never take the low road & say "David, with this big smile on my face, kiss my hairy UPS TRUCK-driving ASS!"

Oh, and it is over a month. 32 days to be exact.

And Drewed? How can you breath with your nose so far up NYS's Butt?

SWISH!

Congratulations....I know I've given you a couple shots in the past, but I really do enjoy your posts, and love the fact that you can now rub it in the naysayers faces.

drewed

Shankman
#1. Who is us? The members of BC? Management? BBAG has just as much right to express his desire to succeed as anyone else does.

#2 I've found that the ignore function works quite well, unless the person you are ignoring is quoted.
"I wont be holding my breath that you'll make it." Ah yes..the real deal. This is the management quote you should have posted. All though I got a good laugh from your other one...yeah.

#3 Oh and now all of a sudden you are a driver? You drive? You have a route of your own? You know what it's like to drive?

If you're gonna piss on BBAG's wheaties...learn how to aim.

Belle seriously baby will never go ft standing underneath moms dress, so piss off and let him stand on his own, he needs to do it on his own to stay at UPS

BBAGS will make a post next month it will be either why am I getting the run around? (from my exp is what its gonna be) or I made it. I'll be the first to congratulate him if its the latter; Im trying to instill in him that all is not always what it seems and people will say a lot to get what they want. Because at this point in the game, theres so much he doesnt know about UPS and the way things are done.

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
Belle seriously baby will never go ft standing underneath moms dress, so piss off and let him stand on his own, he needs to do it on his own to stay at UPS

BBAGS will make a post next month it will be either why am I getting the run around? (from my exp is what its gonna be) or I made it. I'll be the first to congratulate him if its the latter; Im trying to instill in him that all is not always what it seems and people will say a lot to get what they want. Because at this point in the game, theres so much he doesnt know about UPS and the way things are done.

I'm not busting on you - although I desperately want to. Maybe later.

But what the HECK are you talking about? Class in Maryland is in stone. You are saying I'll go to class then I won't drive?

Perhaps more important, why are you so rabidly upset regarding my good luck?

drewed

Shankman
BBAG I dont want to bust on you but, Im pointing out something most everyone here has seen at some point or another; people being promised the stars and all they get is a carl's jr's bags pulled out of the trash. Ive seen people go to class promised to be sitting on the bench and never go driving; Ive seen people put their lives on hold, holding on to promises that never came to be. Ill be glad for you if youre driving next month and Im sure from your attitude youll do well but dont keep your life on hold for UPS or any company for that matter,...

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
BBAG I dont want to bust on you but, Im pointing out something most everyone here has seen at some point or another; people being promised the stars and all they get is a carl's jr's bags pulled out of the trash. Ive seen people go to class promised to be sitting on the bench and never go driving; Ive seen people put their lives on hold, holding on to promises that never came to be. Ill be glad for you if youre driving next month and Im sure from your attitude youll do well but dont keep your life on hold for UPS or any company for that matter,...

So far every promise that has been made to me by UPS, its' managers, and its' HR department, from day one, has come to fruition, plus some.

Until they show me otherwise, I will count on the track record they have set with me. I know I am dealing with a large corporation that has set rules that an individual like myself cannot alter. However, I have been dealing with individuals, and these individuals know me, my personality. I believe that they know me well enough that if they, as individuals, mislead me, I will make their individual life completely miserable. And the promises they have made have been made after they know who I am.

Again, they are batting 1000, so until I see otherwise, I'm taking their word.

bellesotico

BOXstar

Drewed- You know..I'm growing really impatient with your little tantrums. I take your "piss off" comment no different than you saying "friend-off". If you have a personal problem with me..which I have NO idea why you would then why don't you MAN UP and address it instead of resorting to insults.
Don't think for one second because I don't choose to engage in your child's play that I am not fully aware of your little rants. You might think you have a little power because you are a pt sup, but let me fill you in on something. All I see is a bunch of black text on a white screen. :peaceful:

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
Drewed -

You sound like a very bitter, unsatisfied person. I'm sorry if that is the case. I can assure you I am (probably) not the cause.

"...He started a month ago, but hell never drive. OK, he drives Saturdays, but will never go to Integrad. OK, he is going to Integrad, but will never go full time, etc, etc, etc, etc....Yeah, He's CEO, but his stock option package isn't worth that much..." (ok, a little too far)

You can do that forever, always say "yeah, but you'll stumble on the next step.

Although I do NOT appreciate the condecending attitude of your master, I do sincerely respect that he had the integrity to say "BBAG, I was simply having fun at your expense. Don't lose your enthusiam and positive attitude. I do hope everything works out well for you. Dave." That is a stand-up comment.

Have some balls, get less bitter. A man's character, in the end, is all he has.

FromBluetoBrown

I'm just curious to how many senior part time employees were stepped over and how many contract violations were made to get him his full time driving spot

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
I'm just curious to how many senior part time employees were stepped over and how many contract violations were made to get him his full time driving spot

I'll be honest with you - if the senior part-time employees wanted the position, and worked as hard as I did/do to get it, they would have it before me.

So, this will sound callous, and I don't mean for it to, but I don't/can't care about that. I care about taking care of my family. If others are not as ambitious and drop the ball, should I boost them up and help them get a job that I want?

So...he needs to "defend" himself on BC on his own to stay at UPS? Is that in the contract?

Drew, you quit already, so quit being a drama queen and leave already. If not, atleast make a "I came back" thread so I know where you stand. :)

ButBenefitsAreGreat, I got mad when I read your post about becoming a FT driver in such short a time... Because I was told everyone had to put in there time, which around here is about 5-6 years. So yeah, I was upset, but then again it's my fault for not going after it like you did. So an early congratulations if all goes well for you.

I'll be honest with you - if the senior part-time employees wanted the position, and worked as hard as I did/do to get it, they would have it before me.

So, this will sound callous, and I don't mean for it to, but I don't/can't care about that. I care about taking care of my family. If others are not as ambitious and drop the ball, should I boost them up and help them get a job that I want?

The job is supposed to be offered to them I believe according to the rules.