Fired on the spot for walking on belt

btrlov

i have seen mangers and hourlies walk on moving belts at express. they do it routinely esepcially to movexpress supplies boxes. And fulltime and part time supervisors at ups walk on moving belts routinely,plant engineering as well, in some cases to brake jams and other case to do final walk though for missing packages. Im fact there are areas in ups huns where the belt has to be

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
i have seen mangers and hourlies walk on moving belts at express. they do it routinely esepcially to movexpress supplies boxes. And fulltime and part time supervisors at ups walk on moving belts routinely,plant engineering as well, in some cases to brake jams and other case to do final walk though for missing packages. Im fact there are areas in ups huns where the belt has to be
Did you have a point?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I find that hard to believe that you've seen them routinely walk on a moving belt at Express. I worked at a bunch of FedEx locations and been to maybe ten more and have never seen anyone routinely walk a moving belt.

btrlov

They liked me at fedex too
your better off at UPS. Just ask your steward how far are you along on the inside emplyees fulltime list. The old contract you can sneak in FT by doing doubles on the preload and/or twilight for a month or so . If you are a very prodcutive employee and chilled , some Fulltime sups will let it slide with Sneaking IN and will not stop it.With the most recent contract, im not sure if that was eliminated

if inside job is too long, just wait your turn and get friendly HR REP so you know the next run. its more frequent because of the hybrid drivers. Run scratch as many days as possible to make book. then run to feeders as fast as you can. Just like the couriers run to RTD then run out of express all together. Still feeders compensates far better than RTD

both hub divsion and package divsion you will top out much faster than fedex. Hub is just more work . fedex Ground is ok for management only. Ground management likes to hire part-time sups from UPS, esepcailly if you have college under the belt. worse come to worse take the PT supervisor test,PT sup pays better than handlers and no driving, less work, more mental stress. if going the management route try PT sup on the night sort its a easy way to make good money and still do a day job or school(UPS part time supervisor tuition money is better too). Fulltime management at UPS is brutal and far worse than what you see at fedex.

Express, has better compensation than ground but it is becoming an old folks home as they are the only ones making good money(generally speaking). They keep saying they will retire then they stay to 70 years old. They complain at $32-$36/hr just as much as some of the lowlifes complaning on this forum but still working.

U didnt lose anything getting fired by fedex. Recognize though that both companies are developing and implementing schemes to reduce labor cost including: attacking top pay, overtime and fulltime jobs

Last edited:

SmithBarney

It wasn't until my current location did I ever witness belt crossing on a moving belt.. our managers do it all the time it's mind blowing.

Firestar

Walking on a moving belt at Ground is a gross safety violation and per policy you can be terminated on the spot without prior warnings for that.

Management didn't violate any policies by terminating you for that.

Goodstuff

At FDX GND Policy is -moving or not -Walking the belt is prohibited. It’s considered grossly safety violation. That being said I have witnessed package handlers, PH trainers managers, and maintenance techs all violate this policy

FedexCares

Isnt that a conflict of interest 🤔
Yes it is. I remember my during my time at the express warehouse they specifically said in training and many other times working at both ups and fedex was immediate termination if they found out. I’m not sure it’s the same at ground though, it could be different.

Im sure they are hurting for warehouse/hub help though they might not even care at this point. As far as walking on the belt, at express at least, we were made aware many many times that walking on a live belt was immediate termination. I think you’re pretty much screwed.