Fired

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
He's the face behind the contract and the one who is constantly crowing about what a great offer it is.

Well....

He has been the President of his Local for 25 years, President of Joint Council 26

for 20 years, and is now a IBT trustee.

Who do you think has more experience....

Him, or you ?

-Bug-

J.R.

I agree.
File on the termination and force them to respond. If it doesn't work at least you got to mess with them.

Any history of "past practice" where they let you, or others, leave to attend to other commitments they knew about?
What do you mean? Do you mean commitments such as funerals?

unloady

Filed a grievance but honestly i think im done with miserable place. They still said i cant switch to local sort so i guess ill just find a part time job stocking shelves at target in the evening or something lol.

wilberforce15

Show up to work when you are told and leave when you are told.

This job is sold on false pretenses, making this sort of accountability a breach of honesty.

HR advertises the job as being from 4-8 or 330-830 or something like that. People take the job, and then get fired for having another job that starts at 9.

Employees often did or do everything right and reasonably, and then get fired because they assumed UPS didn't lie to them about the requirements.