First Day as Driver Helper

Dogs or Cats

• Total voters

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
200BN.gif

browner89

We're starting at 1. Single belt operation so we're screwed there. Then throw on a snow storm and a bunch of loads not making it here. This week has been a blast

Has your center manager walked up to you at a urinal and grabbed your ass while having both hands on your shoulders yet?

edit: wtf, the letter C and M get auto corrected to center manager now? lmao. Had a triple take at my post and my edit because i know i didn't type out "center manager"

watdaflock?

Yes it's a bit taxing on the legs. Although two years ago it was my ankles. I sure walked weird for a couple of weeks. :-) I was hoping that I didn't end up on someone's youtube video.So far this year it has been my legs. I actually prefer it be my legs over my ankles.
How tall are you and what is your weight? Also curious what type of shoes you wear, and where did you purchase them?

GillEagan

I always look 10 years younger than I am.
How tall are you and what is your weight? Also curious what type of shoes you wear, and where did you purchase them?

Currently I weigh 133. Normally I weigh 149. I have lost a bit of weight. I'm one of those people that has no weight gain problem. Weight loss on the other hand is a bit of a problem. I'm 5'9". The shoes I got last year at Walmart for last years peak. They are black Ozark Trail.

watdaflock?

The shoes I got last year at Walmart for last years peak. They are black Ozark Trail.
If they actually fit properly, name brand means nothing. Everyone's foot is different, although if you've had ankle issues in the past I'm curious if any pronation issues.

noahgw92

We're starting at 1. Single belt operation so we're screwed there. Then throw on a snow storm and a bunch of loads not making it here. This week has been a blast

:censored2: our preloader will be there before you part time sups. Midnight is starttime for preload down here in Texas, and they still were struggling to wrap at 9:30. This center is growing wayy to fast. The twilight shift barely has time to park the cars....

GillEagan

If they actually fit properly, name brand means nothing. Everyone's foot is different, although if you've had ankle issues in the past I'm curious if any pronation issues.

Actually I do. However, I've always have had that. My leg bones are not straight. There's nothing that can be done for that. As a result it causes my toes to point slightly outward. I think that my ankle issues were the result of not using an inner sole to absorb impacts on the pavement. I use inner soles now.

This year I was only sore in my legs, rear, and upper back. Those aches just went away yesterday. I'm using some protein pills and creatine. I'll probably cut back on the creatine a bit now that it is taking affect.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
You should try and work the preload shift for 8 hours then go out and jump for 8 hours. See how your body feels after that.

GillEagan

You should try and work the preload shift for 8 hours
I have researched that, and I will not do it. No way in hell will I do it. Not even in the remote chance that hell freezes over will I do that. Don't get me wrong now. I'm not saying that no one should do it. It's just that I have determined that I'm better off not doing that. I'm sure it would not work out at all for me.

Last edited:

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I have researched that, and I will not do it. No way in hell will I do it. Not even in the remote chance that hell freezes over will I do that. Don't get me wrong now. I'm not saying that no one should do it. It's just that I have determined that I'm better off not doing that. I'm sure it would not work out at all for me.

Will the issue is they want to use you right after short goes down. Doing the job isn't the hard part, the hard part is the no real break in between.

6Brown

Driver Helper
When did you take your meal with your driver? Did you also take a break? No running please, your driver needs you to last.
We didn't take a break, I just eat when my driver is organizing boxes. I usually jog when running boxes, but mostly because I've played sports most my life and I have great endurance. I wouldn't recommend it to most though! It's easy to mess up your ankle if you're not careful.

GillEagan

We didn't take a break, I just eat when my driver is organizing boxes. I usually jog when running boxes, but mostly because I've played sports most my life and I have great endurance. I wouldn't recommend it to most though! It's easy to mess up your ankle if you're not careful.

I eat before I go. It's easier that way. I get a couple of quick breaks per day.