First Time Driver Helper!! Advice!

arice11

I would like to know what to expect and some tips on how to make my first day and on a successful and savvy one. Never been a Driver Helper before.
Any tips or helpful stories of your experiences would be appreciates. Thanks

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Show up on time, don't tell your driver your whole life story, believe me....he doesn't care. Work fast, and don't slow him down and you'll be fine young buck

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Use three points of contact getting on and off the truck, walk behind the truck to cross the street, move quickly, and buckle up right away as soon as you get back in.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I would like to know what to expect and some tips on how to make my first day and on a successful and savvy one. Never been a Driver Helper before.
Any tips or helpful stories of your experiences would be appreciates. Thanks
If u have a good driver he will teach you how to be a good jumper and will teach you accordingly to be safe and efficient. Enough said.

arice11

just nervous is all
need to hear from y'all who've done this before

lol, i'm going to get picked on for tha DQ date forever.

just nervous is all
need to hear from y'all who've done this before

lol, i'm going to get picked on for tha DQ date forever.

Ha, yes the DQ date. I am actually a 3rd year helper and here is pretty much how I do it: Listen to the driver, Stay hydrated, eat, make sure to get those nice pain pills from the guy your delivering to(ha) but seriously your legs will hurt, and be fast but not too fast that you wear out before the days over. When I go to the door I set the package down, not drop it harshly and then ring the bell AND knock(it helps). Anyways you should catch on but any help to the driver at this time of the year is awesome and they will thank you for it. For me I learned how to use the Diad V(5) driver board for signatures and info notices and im beasting that.

Hope that lady does not put the hurt-in on you, and good luck this year on peak! You'll need it! Oh and 3 points of contact!